94 Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

94 Grand Marquis

Alright, im new here. This is the grand marquis my grandfather owned. Its a '94, and has around 30,000 miles. Always garage kept in the winter (I live in Quebec, winters are hard on cars up here). Im going to be buying this car off my grandmother shortly and am currently looking for Mod ideas. Id like to get a real muscle car V8 kind of sound from this thing, because the exhaust now ain't too loud. Any suggestions? I also want to know if any of you guys know if the Air suspension will really get f**ked up with all the snow and road salt up here in the winter. Also, i'd like to jack up horsepower on this baby. Any mod ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks-Simon

Welcome to GMN. There are a few other members in Canada also. For starters, have you had the common burning valve seal problem? If so, get that taken care of. If you want a deeper, louder exhaust get a 2.25" or 2.5" exhuast, which startes with shorty headers or equal length headers, h-pipe, and performance mufflers, maybe magnaflow magnapacks, flowmaster 40's, whatever. That'll give a better sound, inprove performance and you'll get better mileage. Second, for better acceleration get a shift kit and lower gears, preferably trac-lock gears. That would be a good place to start. Again welcome to GMN, and ask any questions you may have, cuz someone on here will be sure to know what it is.
    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

WELCOME!!! And it sure looks like you got a pretty car there too
      YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Thanks guys,
        Yeah the valve seal problem was taken care of, my grandfather fixed that a little while back. He usially drove his '03 diesel f-350, that's why theres such low mileage on the marquis. The car used to belong to a little old lady before he bought it. I know he was working on some kind of performance project for the marquis except he died before he started it. I dont beleive him, but a friend of mine told me to buy some of those cherry bomb mufflers you can get pretty much everywhere for 50$, not a good idea, right?

Comment

I would recommend some good Flowmaster 40 series or them Bullets people are talking about...Try a search for exhaust or mufflers

Comment

I don't recommend upgrading the single exhaust, not much point. If you want more power, better sound and better gas mileage move up to 2.5" exhaust. The 2.5" dual is the biggest system you should get if you're goin to leave the engine stock. Any bigger and you loose torque. So get a dual exhaust mang. And if you didn't already know, no company makes and exhuast system for these cars, you have to make it yourself. Have fun with it.

Comment

Hi, I'm Colin...
              I wouldn't recommend the cherry bombs...I have them and I don't like them at all...
              I plan to get Flowmaster 40's, but there are plenty of good mufflers out there.
              as long as you keep your cats on, you'll sound great.
              and yea, I'd change out the rear ring and pinion to a different ratio to get you off the line A LOT faster.
              I changed mine from the stock 2.73's to 3.55's and my 0-60 time went from about 12.2 secs to around 9.2 secs!
              the only downfall to it, is that your highway gas mileage will go down.
              If you don't do much highway driving at all, I'd go with 3.73's, if not, go with 3.55's.
              you should get somewhere around 22mpg on the highway, give or take with the 3.55's.
              the rear end work should cost you around $1100 and you'll need to adjust the speedometer, it will be off by a lot.
              a good transmission shop can do the rear end work for you.
              I believe there's someone on here selling 3.55 or 3.73 gears for around $50...
              check out the "for sale" forum.
              By the way, welcome to GMN!
              sigpic
              1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

I mostly do around town driving, so 3.73's would be fine for me. But if most of my driving was on the highway, i'd go with 3.27 trac-lock's. And if you do about the same city/higway, 3.55's would be a good choice.

Comment

DITTO.....

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht
                  Hi, I'm Colin...
                  I wouldn't recommend the cherry bombs...I have them and I don't like them at all...
                  I plan to get Flowmaster 40's, but there are plenty of good mufflers out there.
                  as long as you keep your cats on, you'll sound great.
                  and yea, I'd change out the rear ring and pinion to a different ratio to get you off the line A LOT faster.
                  I changed mine from the stock 2.73's to 3.55's and my 0-60 time went from about 12.2 secs to around 9.2 secs!
                  the only downfall to it, is that your highway gas mileage will go down.
                  If you don't do much highway driving at all, I'd go with 3.73's, if not, go with 3.55's.
                  you should get somewhere around 22mpg on the highway, give or take with the 3.55's.
                  the rear end work should cost you around $1100 and you'll need to adjust the speedometer, it will be off by a lot.
                  a good transmission shop can do the rear end work for you.
                  I believe there's someone on here selling 3.55 or 3.73 gears for around $50...
                  check out the "for sale" forum.
                  By the way, welcome to GMN!
                  Ditto

Comment

Working...
                  X