What do you guys think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you guys think?

Alright guys so here is the deal. I parked the Merc. for about a year since I got her. She still runs, needs some work but I'm getting to it. Now thanks to me being stupid and not thinking my Paint has faded on one side due to the constant sun on that side for a year... I'm going to repair some rust and do some fibre glass work. I'm needing paint but have like $50 to my name to spend.... So I was thinking rattle can. Now this came across my mind and I was wondering what you guys would think.... CAMO. I was originally thinking standard Woodland Camo. But since the idea crossed my mind I've seen a few trucks painted camo like this. So how about an urban camo? (Blue, Grey, Black, white) I'm keeping my Vinyl top which is Black. I'll blast Clear over the Paint since I have a bunch left over from other projects and so it will last for a bit... any way I've had this Idea in my head and I've decided to ask my fellow Panther owners. Give me some feedback, I'm gonna work on some Photochop in the next day or so...

~ Dave
    Resident diesel addict

Ehhh why?
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Honestly I don't know. It popped into my head. Sounded different but the more I think the more it doesn't sound as appealing...
      Resident diesel addict

Comment

Solid color would be cheaper, too....which is easier on your $50 budget.
        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

even though camo would be cool if done correctly...
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I agree, the camo would look good. I saw a late 80's ranger with the traditional green/brown/black camo for sale the other day and it looks nice.
            -Matt
            1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

urban camo sounds interesting... dont use too much red or blue though, or you might get mistaken for a blood or crip!!!! they love that shit
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Lol. Yeah, the gangsta's may not apprieciate me rockin' their colors... I'm seriously thinking about a dark blue Urban style camo. But I don't know. I just thought it may be cool. Make the Tank look like a Tank... I'm still debating.
                Resident diesel addict

Comment

I wouldn't do it. But it's your car mang.

Comment

Use teh tans, greys, and black camo, no blue night camo.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

you CAN buff it
                      LTD is still here

Comment

My friend painted his 79 monte winter beater camo. Redneck as fuck! We would do donuts in parking lots and swing the ass into big snow piles. Did I mention its Hillbilly as Fuck. You will get no pussy, I repeat no pussy. A truck, possibly, the car, nuh uh.
                        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny
                          You will get no pussy, I repeat no pussy.
                          He has an old sedan, how much pussy can you possibly get with that? Chicks go after guys with sports cars and trucks, and in some weird cases station wagons, a sedan is probably the least-likely to get you laid car as can get.

FastGallopingPonies, do the urban camo thing, but think it over very well before you start - think it'd be way too easy to screw it up, and kinda expensive to fix that screw-up.

Comment

do the bodywork yourself, and have it painted at earl sheib or maacco.......not a big fan of spraybomb paint jobs

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

How could you reccomend earl after seeing Nate's Vic? lol
                              '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

Working...
                              X