Billet Grille or Not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Billet Grille or Not?

Ok I am thinking about getting a billet grille for the vic. I think it will look good and it will add more chrome to the car with the new wheels and all. Here as some pics I just can't find one of the billet grille on a white vic.

Billet grille with the outer shell color matched white
    0%
    Billet grille with the outer shell black
    0%
    Keep the honeycomb grille as is
    0%
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

I'd say try it, as long as you can keep the Ford logo.
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

DO it
      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

I plan on getting a billet grill for mine....but it looks like I Will have to make it myself.

Comment

Nahh...
          Nick
          88 Colony Park LS
          G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
          Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Get one for a F150, cut it down to size, cut the mounting tabs off your grill, and adhere them to the F150 billet unit in the right locations.

...not that I've looked into it.
            2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
            1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
            1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Where are you finding the grille at I have been looking for something differant ...I want to black mine out but everyone keeps telling me I will not keep paint on it....
              President He Man Woman Haters Club

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,But rather skid in broadside,Thourghly used up totaly worn out & loudly proclaiming...WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

http://www.myspace.com/dabearsplace

Comment

It is on ebay. Just look for crown victoria grilles. You will need some modifying to that billet part to make it work with your car since it is a different shape.

Comment

You said you painted your dads....do you have paint chip issues?
                  President He Man Woman Haters Club

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,But rather skid in broadside,Thourghly used up totaly worn out & loudly proclaiming...WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

http://www.myspace.com/dabearsplace

Comment

Oh ya. I have to repaint it once a year. But he is one the highways and interstates alot. 4 days out of the week he is on the road. If you mostly drive around town you will be fine.

Comment

Put the taurus chrome center piece in your honeycomb
                      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
                        Get one for a F150, cut it down to size, cut the mounting tabs off your grill, and adhere them to the F150 billet unit in the right locations.

...not that I've looked into it.
                        Are you talking to me or Zwack? an F-150 grill will not work, because I have a true box panther. My grill is flat, does not curve like yours does.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
                          Are you talking to me or Zwack? an F-150 grill will not work, because I have a true box panther. My grill is flat, does not curve like yours does.
                          Not all f150's are rounded either...or rangers for that matter. The old school ones are pretty flat..
                          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

i myself have hit the junkyards and have bought several grilles of older cv's. ive bought the old plain small squared one with the small 'ford' in block letters in the top right hand side facing it, i also have the 87 stock grille like blaze's and have tiggie's '82 ltd grille. all have been tested on and have restored em pretty well. the latest one ive tried using was the 87 grille, cutting out the small squares and leaving only the vertical pillars standing. blacked out the whole grille and added some of that screen door mesh crap to see how it would look, it turned out alright. the holes a lil small but alright. billet was certainly an idea for me but i gave up on it and found a better type grille for me, ill post pics when i have it done

Comment

im gonna build a billet grille for the linc, keep the waterfall vertical though, just get one from a pickup and modify it to sit vertical in 2 pieces....no fuckin waffle crap!!!!!
                              jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

Working...
                              X