No announcement yet.

Ughhhhhhhh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was involved in a accident and it was ruled not my fault my rate did not go up had to use the collision coverage to fix my mothers car that I was driveing I got lucky I got the license plate and turned it in to my Inshurance and got her car fixed.

Comment

Nevada vs Michigan here though. Not sure what Nevada's regulations are or who the insurance company is but rsolis is a Michigander like me. I was not at fault either. In once case I wasn't even in the car and for the second one I was standing still in a parking lot waiting to turn as the Detroit native decided I was taking too long and whipped around me, tearing off my fender extension & corner lens in the process. Exactly why I felt I was "justified" and "felt good" about turning my car in. Both cases were supposed to be handled separately, but with the first case the shop returned my car as I guess they were hacks and didn't want to work on it. So I thought I'd hold on to it and wait until spring to turn it in to a shop I knew to be somewhat decent (I'll never go there again though). Well, that was November and in April of last year I think it was my car got hit by the Detroit native but this time the damage was too bad for me to want to look at and so I called Progressive once again, another claim was generated and then the car went to the shop. However, the two claims were handled as one and they sent two adjusters out there. Second one decided my car wasn't worth more than $2,400 as he researched "comparable cars" in the area. That pissed me off more than I could've imagined and I vowed to ditch Progressive and bitch to that company as I didn't want "Total Loss" to appear on my car's record. Forget how many tiers of management I spoke to but it's a corporate machine, they push the button, there's no stopping it and they don't care as they'd rather go to lunch and talk about TMZ. Before I cancelled my policy with them I tried Grundy, Haggerty and then AAA. The first two saw how many claims I made and essentially told me to fuck my self. It was funny how good they were with communication right up until they learned about the claims I had and then they fell off the face of the earth. "Well Jim, the accounting formulas & probabilities suggest we wont be making money off this schmuck so let him go." AAA would've been higher than Progressive but at the same level of coverage and didn't do stated values or agreed values, just what it appraises at when the time comes. So, I'm fucked. For the next five years at least. It's a fuckin' sham & a scam. They said my rates wouldn't go up yet I'm paying ~50 dollars more a month and when I asked why they said, "Sir, your rates haven't gone up but you lost your 'safe driver & claim free' discount." That's how those fucking sheisters get around the increased rate thing. Your rates don't go up, but depending on the company it's just as well if you make a claim. Like my buddy said, the insurance company is out to make money and they will get it back. So let's figure out the math on my part. My insurance has been increased ~50/month for the next five years. 50*12*5= $3,000 - $2,500 = $500 profit for Progressive. So they'll make their money back plus an extra $500 on me.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

My car's page in case anyone wants to look at before & after pics. They're all on the first page I think.
        Post pics of your car in here, works in progress, etc... Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicles only.

Comment

Progressive has pulled all kinds of stunts like not sending payment info to the DMV and causing people to lose their license plates in Nevada so what you described is not supriseing in the least. I have Allstate and I never had bad luck with them. So Derek Mi may be a "no fault" state or am I wrong?

Comment

I have nothing but good experiences with GEICO, but I had a co-worker telling me horror stories about them the other day. I guess they all suck donkey toes.
            Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
            Bone stock... for now.

Comment

they all suck if you get a bad agent. I've personally never had good luck dealing with Allstate agents and typically have to mention the state agencies to get them to actually do their job. Progressive, Geico, Nationwide, State Farm, always seem to do the job, but Progressive is the fastest about taking care of liability claims. And dealing with rental car agencies is like dealing with a law abiding mafia. They will try every f'n tactic to delay everything. You have to be loud and obnoxious to get anywhere with those jerks.

Can we tell I've had to deal with this crap a bit... oh yeah... beater gonna beat.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Michigan is indeed no fault but if you get a police report they do assign a '%' fault to each person involved. Supposedly this is ignored but my policy has a $500 deductible if I'm at fault but is $0 if I'm not.

"They all suck if you get a bad agent." THis is sad but true. It's just like with cops, the suck depending on who it is. But the thing that pisses me off with that is the Law is the Law, right? It shouldn't matter which representative/thug you get but does and depending on the situation you're fucked as they have unlimited money/resources and it's your word against theirs. The shit is broken, only those who have been fucked by it know that.

Comment

My old lady works for Mercury so I let her deal with this kind of shit. Insurance people all piss me off.

Comment

All hassles piss me off.

Comment

Working...
                    X