Ughhhhhhhh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ughhhhhhhh

Just gotten done fixing all my interior issues and rattles and THIS happened.

She backed into me backing out of a parking space in my apt complex as I was leaving. I honked and tried to zip away but it was too late

Honestly the damage could have been waaaaay worse and the rear trim piece and wheel well trim piece is at the junkyard right now. Door functionality wasn't damaged, it opens and closes fine.

It was "private property" and apparently in Michigan she couldn't be cited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess its just too much trouble for some people to look behind them before they back out. We have a very busy parking lot near my house, and every time I am there I witness at least one near-miss. Stupid people make me crazy.
    Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
    Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Will insurance cover it?
      1990 Country Squire - under restoration
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - daily beater

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I think I can fix this for less than the deductible. We shall see. Probably not though because it's private property

Comment

Doesn't make sense to have anything nice these days. Some fuck is gonna come along and trash it eventually. Good luck fixing it.
          1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Bummer man. Could you be cited for murder on said private property? That's where my mind would be going...

Comment

Yeah so the trim on the junkyard car just would budge. Those silver screws might as be welded on

Comment

Yeah. An impact gun with a good phillips bit would fair better on those.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yeah so the trim on the junkyard car just would budge. Those silver screws might as be welded on

Comment

+1 on the impact, otherwise just drill the heads off the screws and worry about replacing those later.
                    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

I'd still turn that in to insurance. Seems to me that since it was not your fault, you should not have the deductible. It ought to be paid by the other person's insurance. I know it really doesn't work that way, but it should, or the other person should have to come up with the deductible amount out of their pocket.

JMHO.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Unrelated to your unfortunate accident, what size tires are you running rsolis? From what I can see, they look nice on your ride!
                        Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
                        Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Don't turn it in to your insurance. That's exactly what I did when I was in a similar "private property" situation last year. I went from paying ~95/month to now 140/month. Insurance companies aren't your friends and they will get their money back plus that goes on your record and are thus less eligible for other insurance companies. To add insult to injury they declared my car a total loss as they valued it at $2,400. Oh yeah, driver that hit me was uninsured with expired DL and was driving someone else's car. I am going to keep full coverage on my car until we get our house and put away roughly 3k for that reason. After that, it's as cheap as possible for me. I used to think insurance companies were good but I had to learn that the hard way when I actually needed to rely on them. If you want to drive one of these daily I suggest going to JY's and collecting trim bits, mirrors, bumpers and lenses just in case.

I've also found that using a screw driver or bit on the screw and then whapping it good with a hammer will bust 'em loose. I haven't had luck with the power tool thing but then again I'm not great mechanically.
                          Last edited by DerekTheGreat; 05-09-2016, 06:39 AM.
                          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Was the wheel cover damaged as well?
                            '79 Continental Town Car
                            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

yeah, Insurance companies anymore, just make note you where involved in a collision, matters not if it was your fault or not, the computer that generates the rates uses it against you, maybe a bit less-so for not at fault.
                              Same deal with comprehensive and the supposed "free windshield" repair. Don't think they don't take notice and make a note in your record. Claim too many, and you know what happens next.
                              Toss in the b.s. that is no-fault insurance and it just gets worse since your own insurance company is paying for your repairs, they do not go after the other company. Everybody gets a black eye now. And since your insurance company pays for your car repairs, write-offs come quickly for something older. Agreed value if you have something you expect a good pay out for in the event of the worst.

Alex.

Comment

Working...
                              X