No announcement yet.

Aero degeriatrification, clothtop delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 1992 Regal GS had one from the factory. I thought it actually fit the car well with the integrated stop lamp and all that.

Nick

Past: 1967 Continental convertible, 1987 TC Cartier, 1996 TC DAE & Signature, 2002 LS V8, 2006 Zephyr, 2010 MKZ AWD, and many more.....
    Current: 2010 F-150 Platinum Supercrew 4x4
    Wanted: 1967 or 1969 Contnential sedan
    Only in my dreams: A Continental Mark II

Comment

Personally, I HATE luggage racks and it would be a "deal killer" if a car I was looking at had one!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

LiCo, that does look pretty good on the Regal. I should still have a spare '95 VW Golf wing taillamp and some LED strip left over from when I put a Golf wing on my Mazda. I might look into moving the third brake lamp back there, if I go the rack route. All pending fiancée approval, of course. She's probably going to end up driving this boat for a while after we're married, unless I can get my '90 Camry running more reliably.

1995 Grand Marquis GS
        - 156k miles, three-tone until I find my paint
        1990 Toyota Camry DX - 211k miles, someone else's future barn find
        1994 Saturn SW2 wagon - wife's car

Originally posted by SVT98t
        I'll make it fit.
        I own hammers.

Comment

Good news, everyone! This is happening...

In other news, I tried to plasti-dip the trunk rack, but I was impatient and it peeled. I did the grille last week, and I think it looks okay. Still not sure whether I should leave the wide bars, or dip the whole thing.

1995 Grand Marquis GS

I'll make it fit.
          I own hammers.

Comment

The old man in me liked the vinyl top but the youth in me likes the slicktop. I probably wouldn't have bothered with changing it if it was how I bought it, but the car definitely looks sharp. I say keep the big chrome bars, I am thinking about doing the same on my Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by killgore View Post
              The old man in me liked the vinyl top but the youth in me likes the slicktop. I probably wouldn't have bothered with changing it if it was how I bought it, but the car definitely looks sharp. I say keep the big chrome bars, I am thinking about doing the same on my Lincoln
              Killgore, just had a chance to check out your car. Sweet ride! Those early 90s TCs seem like they'd look even better with the big chrome bars on blackout grille. Seems like with the straight edges they'd be easier to mask off than mine, too. I think you should go for it!

1995 Grand Marquis GS

I'll make it fit.
              I own hammers.

Comment

Working...
              X