No announcement yet.

Modern headlights for boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, that's what I noticed as well. They just have 2 diodes pointing in opposite directions. Not nearly enough to light up the whole ring evenly.

Comment

I got mine to light up for a few seconds. Found a fuse attached to the relay harness that blew. It was really hidden. Replaced and they lit up. Now they dont, again.

1990 Colony Park, with HO swap.

Previously:
      1990 Lincoln Town Car Cartier.
      88 CVLX
      01 Marquis

Comment

Originally posted by piranah View Post
        I got mine to light up for a few seconds. Found a fuse attached to the relay harness that blew. It was really hidden. Replaced and they lit up. Now they dont, again.
        Sounds like you got a short somewhere causing it to blow fuses.

Comment

Wasnt a fuse. Was a wiring issue again. They work, for now. gonna test it out driving home from work tonight. At least my brights work now so i have those if needed.

Previously:
          88 CVLX
          01 Marquis

Comment

With the previous wiring issue, you may have damaged some wiring.
            1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Wires were not touched from previous issue. Just repinned the connectors.

Previously:
              88 CVLX
              01 Marquis

Comment

Guess which one is stock.

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

that's impressive. What were the changes?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                  160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                  waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Nice! What halo kit did you get?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                      Nice! What halo kit did you get?
                      Ebay, Chinese 70mm COB halo, I think 80 LED. The back of the halo cover needs to be trimmed down for them to sit flush, there are fins on the back(to spread the light off the little LEDs it comes with) and just cutting those off should do it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

that is impressive.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Comment

Is the stock LED ring removable off the projector or is it glued on there?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                              Is the stock LED ring removable off the projector or is it glued on there?
                              3 tabs hold it on, just push them in and off it comes.

The 2 LEDs come out through a hole in the chrome ring, nothing is glued down.

Comment

Ah ok, nice. Thanks for the info. Just ordered some halos.

Comment

Working...
                                X