New wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New wheels

I've been looking at wheels for the GM and I picked out a couple I like.

I also have a set of mint Mark VII turbines I could put on too if they fit.

Thoughts?

I picked out the above cause they're cheap.

'93 T-bird
    '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
    '88 Mark VII
    '86 CV

The old school cragers look cool.I

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Mark VII wheels need a 1" spacer to fit properly.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I have those same mark Vii wheels and had no problems without spacers. I currently run 1.5 inch spacers in the rear to push them out. No problems without em though. What problems did you have? BTW. I love the Mark VII wheels because they look great. Just wish they were wider in the rear.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        Mark VII wheels need a 1" spacer to fit properly.
        87' Lincoln Town Car Stars + Stripes. Explorer GT40P, Anderson B31 Cam, Shorty Headers, FRPP 1.6 Rockers, A9L, Sn95 T5 Trans, 3:55 Limited Slip, GNX Rear Springs, LSC Turbines, 1.5 wheelspacers, Full Custom Dual 2.5/Flowmasters, 00 P71 Airtube, 19lb calibrated Maf, Summit Alum Radiator, King Cobra Clutch, Short throw Shfter, Energy Susp Trans Mount,
        Mods to come: Big Brake/Poly Front Swap, PI Front Swaybar, Addco 650 Rear Swaybar, Boxed Upper Rear Control Arms, 351/Alum Heads, FRPP Valve Covers,

Comment

I like the turbines personally. The black ones wouldn't look bad either.

Comment

Originally posted by 87stars_stripes View Post
            I have those same mark Vii wheels and had no problems without spacers. I currently run 1.5 inch spacers in the rear to push them out. No problems without em though. What problems did you have? BTW. I love the Mark VII wheels because they look great. Just wish they were wider in the rear.
            the sidewalls rub the edge of the upper arm with stock brakes. It will slice it out if you do much aggressive turning. They flat out don't fit with big brakes without a spacer and grinding on the caliper. The 1" spacer is basically the difference in offset from Fox wheels to Panther wheels. Wider in the back isn't a bad idea because the rear is overly narrow in the back on these anyway.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Correct. I did notice the inner sidewall of my front tires had rubbed something but barely even noticible. Barely even a light abrasion. Maybe it happened during extreme carving, but i haven't done much of that. What I'm wondering is how a 18x9 mustang saleen wheel is going to fit with the big brake/spindle swap. Any idea? I ran the 18x9 saleen on front with the 87' spindles and 1.5 spacers I have to clear the big hub. Probably could have got away with a 1" spacer to clear the hub, but on second thought the extra wheel width may have interfered with the upper control arm. Can't recall, but I'm pretty sure I had good amount of space. Any idea?
              Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              the sidewalls rub the edge of the upper arm with stock brakes. It will slice it out if you do much aggressive turning. They flat out don't fit with big brakes without a spacer and grinding on the caliper. The 1" spacer is basically the difference in offset from Fox wheels to Panther wheels. Wider in the back isn't a bad idea because the rear is overly narrow in the back on these anyway.
              87' Lincoln Town Car Stars + Stripes. Explorer GT40P, Anderson B31 Cam, Shorty Headers, FRPP 1.6 Rockers, A9L, Sn95 T5 Trans, 3:55 Limited Slip, GNX Rear Springs, LSC Turbines, 1.5 wheelspacers, Full Custom Dual 2.5/Flowmasters, 00 P71 Airtube, 19lb calibrated Maf, Summit Alum Radiator, King Cobra Clutch, Short throw Shfter, Energy Susp Trans Mount,
              Mods to come: Big Brake/Poly Front Swap, PI Front Swaybar, Addco 650 Rear Swaybar, Boxed Upper Rear Control Arms, 351/Alum Heads, FRPP Valve Covers,

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                The old school cragers look cool.I
                I love old skool cragers.

Also it's good to know about the spacers should I decide to run the Mark wheels.

'93 T-bird
                '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                '88 Mark VII
                '86 CV

Comment

My first choice would be the MKVII wheels, second choice would be the 5 spoke cragers

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                    My first choice would be the MKVII wheels, second choice would be the 5 spoke cragers
                    ^This.
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I really like those Mark VII rims. I know you didn't post a pic of Outlaw style rims, but I know some members have them on their GM's and they look awesome. I can't remember any of their user names but I know one guys avatar picture is of Quagmire. I don't know why, but his panther is probably my favorite one on the site

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                        ^This.
                        Exactly what I was thinking.

I'll have to look for those wheels 84grandmarquis cause I can't remember what they look like.

'93 T-bird
                        '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                        '88 Mark VII
                        '86 CV

Comment

The LSC rims. Factory rims always look great.
                          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

no no no. go with daytons. 100 spoke chrome 14 by 7 with 175/70 hankooks. they are only $2500 for the set plus $350 for the whitewalls. thats what i got on my 84 merc. check out my pics

Comment

i really like that 2 door lincoln. that would be a sweet street rod project.

Comment

Working...
                              X