polishing up turbines.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

polishing up turbines.

I read on the internet somewhere Easy Off Oven Cleaner works on turbines to shine them up. Has anyone tried this? Did it work?
    "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach​ a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat drinking beer all day."

Here's a pretty good thread on aluminum wheel cleaning
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
      Here's a pretty good thread on aluminum wheel cleaning
      http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...wheel-cleaning
      Thanks I remember reading all of that now.
      "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach​ a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat drinking beer all day."

Comment

Thing about the turbines is that they have a coating...that tends to discolor with age or peel up etc etc.

Again, I would suggest Brown Royal wheel cleaner. It really worked wonders on my HPPs...the painted outside and the bare aluminum inside of the wheels came much much cleaner with a couple of applications.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Okay, will give it a try one of these days.

Comment

Working...
          X