Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What autobody products do you like to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
    I've used that before. I believe its made by USC.

I hate body work.
    You are correct I just looked it up lol
    here is a link its great stuff

The USC Icing Polyester Finishing Putty is here to help you tackle the problems of sand scratches and other surface imperfections on your vehicle's surface. This product is a must-have for any DIY-er, who is unable to get that perfect finish. If you are unhappy with the finish that you end up with after all the smoothing and leveling, then the USC Icing Polyester Finishing Putty is for you.andnbsp; The super smooth and creamy texture of this finishing putty makes it easier for you to sand. You will be surprised to see how easily you can pour it on the surface and spread it smoothly for that ideal finish. The putty is brushable and levels itself easily. Spreading the putty helps in drying it to a sand finish to give you a smooth surface. US Chemicals and Plastics is a leading brand among automobile lovers all over the world. Be it body repair products, vehicle refinishing or auto body accessories, US Chemicals, and Plastics have always been one step ahead in terms of quality and durability. The USC Icing Polyester Finishing Putty gives great adhesion to the surface. You can use it on a variety of surfaces like steel, aluminum, fiberglass, body filler, wood, 2k primers, OEM topcoats and many more. The off-white putty is stain and tack free for a great finish to your auto body.andnbsp; The manufacturer recommends it for minor body work and surface imperfections like chips, sand scratches, pinholes and other scratches. It is also perfect to use on body fillers. To mix, combine 2% by weight (50:1) with supplied cream hardener.andnbsp; Go ahead and make this easy-to-work-with product a part of your DIY collection and get that smooth finish you have always wanted for your auto body. Key Features of the USC Icing Polyester Finishing Putty: You can use it on a variety of substrates like steel, aluminum, fiberglass and many more Ideal for minor body work and surface imperfections like sand scratches, chips, pinholes and more Top Coat: Polyester, 2K urethane or 1 K primer Easy to use, ultra smooth, stain free and tack free Available in 24 oz. tube or 30 oz. pump NOTE: Intermix with USC premium body fillers. This item can only ship by ground within the Continental US. Next Day or 2nd Day, AK and HI, and International delivery not available.

MY favorite filler

We carry the best selection of auto body tools, shop supplies, car paint, & car lifts for any garage. Call today for all your body shop needs!

never had a comeback with either of these products.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
    Big plans

Comment

Somebody say great stuff?

I have seen many a rear quarter "repaired" with that.
      "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
      1985 GMC 1500

Comment

I use great stuff for sound deadening and sealing gaps in the house (nothing that can be seen without looking behind cover plates and such - except the garage door... a little around the inside edges shut up the rattle that thing made). I have thought of using some great stuff between the front bumper and bumper cover to attempt to get the fog lights on the vic to stop vibrating as much on the road. I do think some wedge wood would be better though. Just screw into the wood through the bumper cover. Maybe use some great stuff to "glue" the wood in place.

That is some great stuff though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
          Somebody say great stuff?

I have seen many a rear quarter "repaired" with that.
          Just bought 2 cans today to fix the sides of my Maxima's trunk with.

Also used it on my 92 not only on the trunk, but also to fill up the huge gaping hole in the frame rail.
          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Working...
          X