Dent removal BEFORE painting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dent removal BEFORE painting

I am planning on painting my 89 crown vic black. As we all know black shows all body panel imperfections. There were a number of small dints in the doors, hood, etc, etc. I had a paintless dint removal guy come over and he virtually removed 24 small dints at a cost of $140. Well worth the money and the body is dead straight now. No body filler needed .... I will never repaint a car again without calling this guy first.
    Cheers !!

how did he do it? Suction?
    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

bars in behind the panels or liquid nitrogen for most of the places around here that do that.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
        bars in behind the panels or liquid nitrogen for most of the places around here that do that.
        Yeah that is how it is mostly done.. I did mine with filler though, every door was plastered with door dings. I think it came out alright....

Also $140 is not a bad price... up here that is about what 2 dents will cost you.
        "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
        1985 GMC 1500

Comment

The price was a good deal as he used me as a filler job for his slack time and cash always talks. He used long steel bars to massage the dints from behind the panels. First he shut off all the lights in my garage and used a small light that is suction mounted on the body panels. It gives him the perfect light to spot the dints and to fix them.

Comment

Great deal!
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
            X