99 GM headlight ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

99 GM headlight ideas

The headlights in my 99 Grand Marquis have started to go quite cloudy (as seems to happen quite often with plastic headlight lenses). I tried the sanding and polishing trick, which worked very well on the passenger side, but less well on the drivers side.

So, I'm thinking of replacing the lenes. What I was wondering is: does anyone know of any aftermarket lenses that look cooler than the origionals? Ideally something along the Marauder headlight look (but without replacing the front fenders and header panel). Basically lenese that I could swap into the existing fenders and header panel that look cooler/more badass than the stock ones. I found a set on ebay that look sort of cool.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.
    sigpic

I tinted mine
    93 grand marquis ls = the daily

97 dodge neon GLH-4 = the project

Comment

If you tint your lenses with paint (VHT nightshade and similar), that will also somewhat solve your problems with the fading/etching. Since your lenses will have a coating on them, fixing any damage from particles or sunlight will be as simple as sanding off the old tinting stuff and painting more on.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Working...
      X