Front door vent window conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front door vent window conversion?

I was at the junkyard today and found a CV with the electric windows and manual vent windows in the front doors. I've always wanted to install the vent windows on my 86 CV.

Has anyone done this before, and is it a lot of screwing around? Also, what do I need to get from the junkyard (beside the obvious vent windows and smaller window glass), different mechanism, electrical stuff?
    sigpic

Does your car currently have power windows?

If yes then all you would need would be the window glass, vent window and hardware (which consists of three screws on the door frame and one screw holding the lock trim plate and one screw that secures the bottom of the vent window to the horizontal edge of the door (like where the dew wipe is secured)), window channel weatherstripping, as well as the dew wipes if you dont want to cut your existing ones to size.

The hard part will be drilling for the three screws along the top edge of the door frame in the correct position so your window glass moves up and down without binding.

I highly doubt the window regulator is any different from a vent windowed car so I will say my above list is all you need.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

K thanks
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X