taking off side light lense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

taking off side light lense?

i'm going to switch out the bulb in that little 1"X6" light on the side of the car with a real pure white LED instead of the amberish light.

just wondering how to get the lense off without damaging anything
    Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
    HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

They should just pop right off with a screwdriver iirc ....I liked the amber..it gives the car and Ol fashioned look...

Comment

Just to clarify you are referring to the exterior B pillar light?
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

if your talking about the B pillar coach lamp then, the 2 chrome peices pop off to expose a phillips screw on each side then the light comes right off. i recommend a skinny flat to remove the chrome end caps so you don dammage em...make sure you get pics. i use blue bulbs and it gives off a light greenish glow, looks cool but id like to see how i can get the limmo coach light effect

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

OH yeah...I forgot about the screws...LOL...My bad..its been a while..My Vic Dosen't have those..LOL

Comment

ha thanks boys.
            Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
            HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

Anybody done this on a box Town Car? Screws or no screws? It appears to be a snap-in, but I haven't looked too carefully yet.

My driver's side lens has a hole.

Comment

towncars might be accessible from inside... the trim is different... i have white LEDs in my B pillars of my Grand Marq.
                Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

I think Town Cars are accessible from the inside. They sure as shit ain't from the outside. I fucked mine up figuring that out.

Comment

I thought the Marquis's coach lamps were accessible from the inside? I had to replace one of the bulbs when I first got the car, and I remember taking off the interior of the B-pillar around the seat belt with the two-three screws on the top and bottom of the piece?

I don't think I've ever popped off the chrome...

sigpic
                    - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

on mercs, you can access the bulb from the inside but its less of a cluster fuck if you do it from the outside. how do they look with the white LEDs? the give off a blue color, no?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                        on mercs, you can access the bulb from the inside but its less of a cluster fuck if you do it from the outside. how do they look with the white LEDs? the give off a blue color, no?
                        Good to know. I've got a set of red LEDs waiting to go in...

sigpic
                        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Working...
                        X