Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good man!

Comment

ha, thanks. I like the way it helps the cars look, but cassettes suck and the radio just got harder to hear lol. But I just shut the damn thing off and roll the windows down to hear the flowmaster dualies anyways, smile haha. gotta love white for any kind of bodywork.
      Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
      HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

Very nice indeed!! My old Malibu had the antenna inside the winshield molding. I wonder if that would workk on our cars?

Packman

Comment

My Range Rover Classic had a nice hidden antenna, not sure where it was hidden. I was going to pull it before I sold it for scrap but didn't get around to it. Maybe a possible option for you.
          '85 Mercury Grand Marquis
          only MSD multi-spark so far but hopefully a 351 on the way.

Comment

That looks really good!!!

Comment

If I knew my ass from a hole in the ground when it came to bodywork I'd try this. And, y'know, if my car wasn't such a weird fucking color. I never listen to the radio and hate the look of antennas...my old Marquis had an antenna that you could retract. I wouldn't mind getting that kind of setup and leaving it in all the time
              sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Body work is not terribly hard so much as tricky... If you can grasp that. Ive got some pics of my car before and will post (once i get the film developed) Heres a tip though, when you think you are done sanding, sand some more, then do it again, also prepsol works good to wet the bondo and or primer to check and make sure its straight. My rear quarters have sheet metal riveted on not welded, and all the doors and hood had dents in it. Check one of the side pics of my car in my album. Anyways i think its just one of those things that takes a lot of patience.
                "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                  If I knew my ass from a hole in the ground when it came to bodywork I'd try this. And, y'know, if my car wasn't such a weird fucking color. I never listen to the radio and hate the look of antennas...my old Marquis had an antenna that you could retract. I wouldn't mind getting that kind of setup and leaving it in all the time
                  You want one? All you need is the motor assembly and to run the cable through the firewall to the back of the radio, and punch out the hole in the dash, and you'll need the switch. Chances are the wirings already there for it. You just gotta add it.

Comment

I don't think I hate the antenna that much. At least not right now...I hate not being able to work on the car on account of the fucking winter
                    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

I hate not being able to work on the car on account of the fucking winter
                      i know right, I have 100 bucks in parts i have either coming or waiting to be installed, but cant do much with single digit temps and half a foot of snow on the ground.

On topic, that looks awesome, be sure to update when you find a good antenna, I might try this.
                      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

I don't think I hate the antenna that much. At least not right now...I hate not being able to work on the car on account of the fucking winter
                        The winter really is a pain in the ass.
                        I wish I had a warm shop to work on my own car in. Oh wait, I do! But I can't do whatever I want to do to the car. It's a win lose scenario.

Comment

lol here i just wrapped up a weeks worth of 12 hours days/nights/very early mornings haha, spent on that car's guts this time, in the unheated un-insulated garage at -10 during the day. Had the $700 in parts I have collected over that last few months and the time off school and work and nothing was stopping these parts from going on.

but thanks, this was my first bodywork project and took me forever but i'm surprised howit turned out. If i can stop spending on performance for a second i will do something about my stock audio system like a new deck at least and a hidden antenna like you said along with a better i-pod hookup.
                          HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

If you don want a performance audio system the cheap 100 dollar decks are fine, much better than the old tape deck, I think im going to get rid of my panasonic and go to an alpine though.
                            "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                            1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Did you weld the new metal on?

sigpic
                              - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

yup I did weld it in, i'm a very skilled JB welder. it saw +25 celcius days for the summer and -20 in the winter with some more warm spells and she still looks good and is solid so hopefully it stays that way, I did put in a support plate under the hole before the quarter went in the relief.

Comment

Working...
                                X