mounting foglights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
    I definitely want some fogs. Can you wire them up to a special switch or would you need to wire them so they come on with the regular or hi beams or something?
    It depends on what your province or state or country says you can do. Some places say if you have fog lights they need to come off when the high beams are turned on. They will work with the low beams on though. If you don't have any rules like that, you can run them however you want them to run.

Comment

here are mine I mounted them under the bumper I had to drill in to the bumper. I have an extra set just in case I have them running off a relay

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
      302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
      k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Ill most likely wire them independent so they can run with no lights on, or all of them.

Comment

i would use a relay system myself. tap it into the parking lights, that way they will shut off with your lights and you can have them on with low, high, or both. it also lets you turn them on without turning on the low or high beams, and it will still ding when they are left on.

just my 2 cents worth
          What happened here?

Comment

mine dont ding with the lights on. I have a busted dinger

Comment

ah, they would still turn off when you turn your other lights off, no need to worry about a second switch
              What happened here?

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                Try ebay, thats where i got mine for 41 bux shipped...was ment for a newer style vic like yours too..but I improvised
                Click image for larger version

Name:	PB300_07.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	1258081

This is the style I want
                sigpic[LIST][*]99 Crown Vic Police Interceptor aka The Cruiser
                [*]87 Chevy 20 Van 350TBI
                [*]94 Mercury Grand Marquis aka Babyblue RIP
                [*]83 Chrysler New Yorker 5th Ave 318 V8

Comment

Installed some Pilot driving lights that turned out great. Just as bright as normal head lights but they are focused ahead and not toward so spread so other drivers I am sure appreciate that.

[ATTACH]8934[/ATTACH]

Name:	02.jpg
Size:	433.2 KB
ID:	1249534

Name:	03.jpg
Size:	432.8 KB
ID:	1249535

Name:	04.jpg
Size:	202.8 KB
ID:	1249536

Name:	05.jpg
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	1249537
                  Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 09-25-2009, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
                    here are mine I mounted them under the bumper I had to drill in to the bumper. I have an extra set just in case I have them running off a relay

now tahts how i want my GM to look. i have the wheels, but need paint.

and to add to the thread, mine are mounted behind the grille, they are mounted ot a couple pieces of flat stock. i am not sure exactly i just wired em up but the PO installed them.

Comment

1998 Mercury Grand Marquis 131k~ true duals, 2nd cat removed, H-pipe, Xcelerator Turbo mufflers, PI Manifold, 180* Tstat, K&N drop-in.
                      1985 VW Vanagon 70k~

Comment

My 85 had a thin bar running behind the grille... i mounted mine there with some big 'L' brackets. They vibrate a tiny bit and cause a flicker where they are even with some bracing... so I will probably wind up moving them to where Dave and others have them.

Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                        sigpic
                        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
                        X