Towncar slicktop? Yes you can!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Towncar slicktop? Yes you can!

Hey mangs i know its been a while so im posting some new pics mind you, this is just a trial run on what the finished product will look like, i will be painting the entire car in ppg paint ,black, however due to the surface rust it is currently covered in universla black from a rattlecan, also there will be an ongoing study to see if the regular vynil tops are all metal and the full vynil tops have the fiberglass. at anyrate here are soem pictures for those of you who like the slicktop ,lets see some pics of yours! just remeber mine is a diamond in the rough right now .
    Attached Files
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

keep it up. Like to see it finished.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Hmmm... this should be interesting...

keep us updated!
      1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
      1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
      1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

be intersted to see it when its done
        sigpicTHE H.I.D MASTER
        87 mercury grand marquis
        88 crown vic lx
        89 mercury colony park ls (sold)
        89 mercury grand marquis (sold)
        00 ford crown vic lx hpp
        03 mercury marauder aka punisher (sold )

Comment

What do you do about the back window? Isn't it made for vinyl? A slicktop TC would be cool though.

Packman

Comment

leaving the plastic cover on it and itll give it a kinda industrial look lol

Comment

What plastic cover?

Comment

need the pillar stuff from a full coach roof car, then you can get rid of the aluminum stuff over the roof.
                Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

yeah you can, but why on earth would you want to?
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

If you're going for an industrial look, you could replace plastic bits with some done up stainless steel. Would be a nice contrast to the black.

Comment

Despite all the naysayers we had before, who said that you couldn't slicktop a towncar, I knew it was possible the entire time. I've even torn the vinyl tops off of Full Coach Roof TC's in the junkyard just to see what was under there.

You just need to get rid of that Roof Trim, and do something to hide or get rid of that plastic cover over the back window, and you will be Golden. If it were me, I would fabricate a Sheet Metal or Stainless Piece to go in place of the plastic.

Comment

bleah! lol i like the plastic, but the one by the window i sanded down to far .. but ill recoat and sand smooth the other side looks alot better lol btw there is no aluminum piece on the back or trim there is none on the back window, as i said its a work in progress and well when its doen next year it will be somethin else whoot!!!

Comment

What plastic are we talking about here? The window shell I said was there and you said wasn't?

Comment

mmk im gonna say this again there is no shell my roof i s made out of metal and gimme a few min ill post a pic of what im talking about.

Comment

yes i want some updated pictures of this project...so hows it coming?
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X