Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

difference between 79 to 83 and 84 to 87 two door?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes, they drop down then the main window drops. Its one big funky linkage arrangement inside the door to make that happen.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

so they don't operate seperately at all? that kind of sucks. I can see lots of times where you'd want the vent window up but main window down, or vice versa.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

I hadn't realized '80s Lincolns had that feature. The one I saw it on was a Mark V. Seemed rather nifty, really.
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I saw an '84 with those knobby vent windows. I thought they were pretty cool.
          The '81 parts car I got Vicky's front had vent windows. The main door frame is the same, the difference is whatever the door came with compared to another door. Some had vent windows, some didn't.

Comment

hooray!! I just bought a brand new set of vent shades...also known as rain guards...vent visors..etc for my tudor vic. I cant wait till they get here so they can sit for months till my car is completed.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
              so they don't operate seperately at all? that kind of sucks. I can see lots of times where you'd want the vent window up but main window down, or vice versa.
              Exactly.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I was under the impression as well, that the Power Vents on the Towny would operate separately from the main window. That really sucks! When I get a Box towny sometime in the future, I will have to figure out a way to make them fully operational separate from the main window.

Comment

Well, they sort of operate separately, as long as you release the window switch before the main window starts to lower. I still think the concept was quite nifty, though I'd hate to be the one to have to fix it if it breaks - I'm lucky to keep my normal Vic power windows working correctly!
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Oh yes...since it was bumped this is what i got!

Minty fresh rain guards.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X