Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone running these lenses?

http://www.xtralights.com/index.asp?...OD&ProdID=2035

Would be nice to throw some HIDs in. The beams would be focused rather than scattered, so you won't be blinding people.
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

i saw those i kind of like them but i dont know, i have the non projector euro style, with 10,000 kelvin h.i.ds
    sigpicTHE H.I.D MASTER
    87 mercury grand marquis
    88 crown vic lx
    89 mercury colony park ls (sold)
    89 mercury grand marquis (sold)
    00 ford crown vic lx hpp
    03 mercury marauder aka punisher (sold )

Comment

Interestingness, hadn't seen those before. I like the idea of swapping to H4/9003 bulbs with permanent housings, but it's easier to just maintain what's there. :p
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

i had something similar with h4's and they leaked on me....I siliconed around the edges and havent tested them out yet.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Personally I've never been impressed with the light pattern of any of those retrofit lamps. Tom's are bright, but I still couldn't see for shit when driving his car. I have boring old sealed beam halogens in my car, and I can see when driving it. I can see when driving my S10 with the same thing. The Mark VII I don't like driving at night, crappy light pattern.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

for what its worth i sent the company an email asking if they are glass housings and lenses or plastic. they said its glass.

Comment

Garbage... I have seen them in a 240SX. not worth it. Stick with Ceibie, Bosch, Hella or IPF for the H4 conversions. What lenses did Tom have? Also, if you are going to use HID run a glare sheild with them or it will still blind the on comming traffic. IPF makes 170watt H4 bulbs if anyone cares btw.
              1990 LTD Crown Vic w/ dead 5.0
              1984 Pontiac 6000 cammed 2.5L Iron Duke
              1986 F-150 300 6cyl 5spd.
              1994 Crown Vic... Free, bad trans?

Comment

Originally posted by 351m View Post
                Garbage... I have seen them in a 240SX. not worth it. Stick with Ceibie, Bosch, Hella or IPF for the H4 conversions. What lenses did Tom have? Also, if you are going to use HID run a glare sheild with them or it will still blind the on comming traffic. IPF makes 170watt H4 bulbs if anyone cares btw.
                Tom has hella's
                Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                Personally I've never been impressed with the light pattern of any of those retrofit lamps. Tom's are bright, but I still couldn't see for shit when driving his car. I have boring old sealed beam halogens in my car, and I can see when driving it. I can see when driving my S10 with the same thing. The Mark VII I don't like driving at night, crappy light pattern.
                x1 I will stick to good old sealed beams for now

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Working...
                X