Crown Vic hoodscoop on TV show 'Eureka'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crown Vic hoodscoop on TV show 'Eureka'

The car on the show Eureka seems to have a hood-scoop, and looks good. Anything functional like this for a 1996 model?
    Attached Files
    1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 230,000km /w Performance package.

summit or jegs will have scoops like that. Just a ordinary aftermarket one.
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

If you move the air intake under one, and it's raining or snowing and you drive down the highway does it move moisture into the engine, or can you close them off?
      1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 230,000km /w Performance package.

Comment

It will take a lot of fabrication to make it truly functional. There are "shaker" hood scoops available for mustangs that are functional. Check those out. Should bolt to the 4.6 in a vic fairly easily.

And no, water shouldn't be an issue.
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

i seen one of them stuck on the hood of a saturn. they look really ricer if you ask me
          1989 Grand Marquis GS

Comment

scoop

i think it needs to be bigger did you happen to notice its on a goverment vehicle? lol i had soemthing similar on my ford tempo lemme dig out the pic. i thought it looked like a overgrown tempo/mustang lookin thing lol
            Attached Files
            Last edited by zoomie; 04-07-2009, 05:54 PM.
            89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
              It will take a lot of fabrication to make it truly functional. There are "shaker" hood scoops available for mustangs that are functional. Check those out. Should bolt to the 4.6 in a vic fairly easily.
              A shaker on a Panther would kick ass.

sigpic
              - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Here's a quick glimpse of what belongs under a stock Shaker scoop. Boss 302 with Roots glower, coil on plug ignition, intercooler, and twin throttle bodies, all breathing through a stock Shaker scoop.
                Attached Files
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by scottydoesntno View Post
                  If you move the air intake under one, and it's raining or snowing and you drive down the highway does it move moisture into the engine, or can you close them off?

rain or snow isnt gonna hydro lock the engine.. even if it did get a little somehow the worst it could do is steam clean your piston tops.
                  Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

getting water in under the dizzy cap is the main concern id think
                    1989 Grand Marquis GS

Comment

Working...
                    X