No announcement yet.

Help Me Decide what color to Paint my Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can have any color you like, so long as it is black.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

deep blue for teh win

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

my old lincoln was Gunmetal by Maaco...meh, didn't really love it, but it was ok.
        that blue would great!
        sigpic
        1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          You can have any color you like, so long as it is black.
          lol,If I'm ever lucky enough to have an old 30's Ford Coupe,it will definitely be painted Flat Black no clear,in honor of ol Henry.

Comment

Of those options, definitely-definitely the Wedgwood Blue. Looks killer on that Cobra replica. The gray is decent also; black is a good color but is just too overdone. Just make sure that whatever you do, it looks like a street rod and not a donker!
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Yay gunmetal won! Make sure you post progress pics when you start on it!
              2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                Just make sure that whatever you do, it looks like a street rod and not a donker!
                It will be neither.

Once it's done,It will be what it was meant to be,a Beautiful Luxury Car with a little extra Muscle added,(no one will know that the muscle is there until they try me)and will assume it's just another stock,slow grandma car aside from the paint and rims/tires.

Comment

This will be the final color,Gunmetal Grey w/ Light Metal Flake.The color of my cell phone.

Keep in mind a Quality Base/Clear Job is gonna look ten times better,than a shitty single stage base enamel Maaco Job.
                  Last edited by LTDMan83; 09-27-2007, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Paint has been ordered.Here is a pic of the exact final color.The paint is a single stage urethane,which will be topcoated with 4-5 layers of urethane Clearcoat for added Depth of Shine,and also Durability's sake.Also on order are a Gallon of quality Self Etching Primer and Surfacer,almost as expensive as the paint but necessary for a flawless finish.

I have been promised to get Paint Booth time around Mid October,but if that falls through I may be painting it inside my best friends garage.I still gotta find time before then to remove most of interior for the painting of all the door jambs,and degreasing/preping the entire engine bay for painting,the trunk interior area is already clean and is easy to strip down/Mask off,so that won't be a problem.All the interior metal will be painted Flat Black for a nice color contrast when I open the Doors/Hood.I can't wait until I finally get to start on her I will do my best to remember to get Pics of the Process,as it progress's.
                    Last edited by LTDMan83; 10-13-2007, 12:52 AM.

Comment

You should have just got a 2 stage system and saved money by not buying the single stage and clear. Cool though.

Comment

slicktop with the blue gloss....or gunmetal
                        -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                        -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                          That car would also look great in white, like Pete's 85.
                          White cars ftw!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88 View Post
                            You should have just got a 2 stage system and saved money by not buying the single stage and clear. Cool though.

The clear will be worth it though,I want to have a Thick layer of clear over the paint to add some Depth to the shine,it will also make the paint more durable and easier to maintain.I also like a challenge,and personally am interested to see if I can pull off a clearcoat job that will stand up to DD abuse for the next 10+yrs,without flaking off.

Comment

Ooooooooooooooo...

That's gonna look nice.
                              1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
                              1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
                              1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Yeah but a 2 stage is durable and actually has more depth then a single stage with clear would ever have. I am just saying you should have done that and saved a few $$.

Comment

Working...
                                X