No announcement yet.

Tudor needs drivers door weather stripping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try some stick on weather stripping and actually stick it to your door where the weather stripping contacts. That fixed the problem for me. Make sure you get closed cell weather stripping though. Neoprene would be nice if you can find it. I couldn't find it at Lowes, Menards, or Ace Hardware. Make sure what you get is really squishy, do not get sponge rubber, I repeat do not get sponge rubber. The door won't be able to close if you get that. I did that first and I tried adjusting the striker after i put it on and it just wouldn't shut right. Are your strikers lined up correctly too? Center them to the *dip* into the latch, that seems the easiest way to do it. I don't know if the tudor has different style latch though.

Comment

Originally posted by saiyaneye View Post
      Try some stick on weather stripping and actually stick it to your door where the weather stripping contacts. That fixed the problem for me. Make sure you get closed cell weather stripping though. Neoprene would be nice if you can find it. I couldn't find it at Lowes, Menards, or Ace Hardware. Make sure what you get is really squishy, do not get sponge rubber, I repeat do not get sponge rubber. The door won't be able to close if you get that. I did that first and I tried adjusting the striker after i put it on and it just wouldn't shut right. Are your strikers lined up correctly too? Center them to the *dip* into the latch, that seems the easiest way to do it. I don't know if the tudor has different style latch though.
      I once played with some SoffSeal round stuff that I got at either an AutoZone or Advance. Just stuck it over the original stripping after cutting off the part that was tattered - it helped, but that didn't really work as well as I'd hoped. Got any pictures showing how you did it?
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I fixed them. The strikers just needed to be adjusted. And THe one without a plastic cylinder, I wrapped duct tape around it. Works fine!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
          I once played with some SoffSeal round stuff that I got at either an AutoZone or Advance. Just stuck it over the original stripping after cutting off the part that was tattered - it helped, but that didn't really work as well as I'd hoped. Got any pictures showing how you did it?
          Tomorrow (Sunday), I will take some pics after I wash and wax my car. I was gonna take pics of the car, I may as well take a few pics of the weather stripping too.

Comment

I was looking through one of the manuals I have from the previous owner and I figured this might help.

-Matt
            1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Ooooh ... hey, that really is kind of helpful. I never knew the tube-y part was supposed to be cylindrical! :p
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

oh

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                  I have some questions. First off, I got some weatherstripping for my doors from a Taurus. They fit pretty well. but I am still having water drip in. I noticed that there was some other weatherstripping sitting in the chrome trim. The door's frame hits this and I assume that if working properly it should deflect the water and send it to the bottom where it drains out. Anyway, I was wondering how to access this weatherstripping. Is it possible to remove/install this without having to take the trim off? And if I have to take it off, what's holding the trim to the body? I need some help. Please write back someone.
                  :bump:

I just experienced the same problem that you seem to have. A large piece of this upper weatherstripping fell off of my ma's CV. It is quite brittle and breaks if you try to re-install it. Has anybody made any headway on this? I have somewhere in my bedroom a flyer and a sample of weatherstripping from a company that makes custom stuff. If I can find the flyer I will post the link here. Though perhaps I'll start asking questions down at the Ford dealership's parts department as well.

Packman

Comment

:bump: again. Op have you tried anything or anyone purchase the JcWhitney door weatherstripping?
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X