Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swapping 1999 GM Mirrors for heated ones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swapping 1999 GM Mirrors for heated ones?

My 1999 GM doesn't have heated mirrors (kinda stupid since my 1995 COntour had those).

I figure (if the parts fit) it wouldn't be that hard to wire heated door mirrors from a 2001 or 2002 GM. Will those fit?
    1999 Grand Marquis LS with handling package

They will fit. I don't know what extra wiring is required though.
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Id say if possible go down to the dealer and ask about the wiring that powers them. I had the luxury of getting leather seats at the junk yard and I pulled all the wiring for the seats. Get a diagram and that will make that swap so much easier
      YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

The mounts are the same, and if heated mirrors were an option in '99, the wiring may be there as well. Of course, it may not be as Ford has been decontenting alot in the past 10 years.
        Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul229
          The mounts are the same, and if heated mirrors were an option in '99, the wiring may be there as well. Of course, it may not be as Ford has been decontenting alot in the past 10 years.
          I figured *rip the new mirrors and any mechanical or electrical* and put them in my car...

They'll be plugged (with a 30 amp relay) into the defrost circuit.

I have not taken the door apart yet. I will put those heated mirrors when I replace the speakers.

Thanks everybody...
          1999 Grand Marquis LS with handling package

Comment

Working...
          X