I need your thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need your thoughts

Ok, so i been thinking latley of painting my vic and re carpting the whole thing whille im at it..

Only thing is i dont know how i want to do it.

I know ima Have Suicide rear doors And ima have a light tint allt he way around.

I dont know if i want to make the interior Just grey agine or grey and black..

And i dont know if i wanna go with flat black Pain or Shiny jet black..

If i go with flat black ill go with Some Custom art work lator. And i wont have any crome on it at all.

If i go Jet black some crome is gonna be gone and them door guards will most asurley be gone..

So how would you do this? If it was your vic?

Paintshop? Photoshop anyone?

Thanks Mang's

Dark
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

If aint right paint it white. Any body damage will show if its glossy black. And dont take off the door gaurds. Trust me. It is a MAJOR PITA. Take em off, grind the rivets out, fill in the holes that are flush with the body panel and try to make it flat. Aint worth the hassle and Ill never do it again.
    1989 Grand Marquis LS
    flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

I dont like white... I only belive in one color which is black...

The door guards reasson why i would be taken them off completley is becase someone riped um off of one side before i bought the car... So i want to macth.. The other side looks like it wants to peel off. And i do understand 100% on what your talking about whith them holes..
      People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

I know ima Have Suicide rear doors
        No you wont. Itd be damn near impossible with the rear curve of the doors to fit the wheel well. You'll have a better chance of getting a hindu to eat a big mac than making the rear doors suicide. Look at most of the old cars, the rear doors had flat edges.
        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny
          No you wont. Itd be damn near impossible with the rear curve of the doors to fit the wheel well. You'll have a better chance of getting a hindu to eat a big mac than making the rear doors suicide. Look at most of the old cars, the rear doors had flat edges.
          It's possible...It'll just take a hell of a lot of work and custom pieces...

sigpic
          - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Yea, theres a kit for the '90s Impala SS's and they have doors like ours.
            '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
            '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Ima get suicides man.. If i have to pay my godfather to do them... Which would be a heck of a chunk..

Comment

So no one has any recomendations for , either flat black or gloss exterior paint.

Pure grey, or grey and black Interior?

Or even care to photochop it )

Comment

Sorry...No recommendations from me on paint...But I think a grey and black interior would be awesome.

And when you get suicides, definitely post how you did it and/or what you used to do so...Because I'd like them on my car as well.

sigpic
                  - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Ima go with glossy Jet black on the outside :-D

Comment

You do know that if you paint it black, the body has to be PERFECT, right? Because black shows ANY flaw, no matter how small.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN
                        You do know that if you paint it black, the body has to be PERFECT, right? Because black shows ANY flaw, no matter how small.

You know my car is allready black right? And yes i do know this.. ima have to get a new hood though... ( That would be the easy way along with a new right fender, )

Comment

Being black already makes no difference. You will see every ding, high and low spot. I know a guy that didn't get his 64 impala right and it looks like it is waving at me.
                          2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88
                            Being black already makes no difference. You will see every ding, high and low spot. I know a guy that didn't get his 64 impala right and it looks like it is waving at me.

as in he didnt paint it right? If it cant be done right then dont do it,

Paint shops are your friend, i have painted to many cars though not to know what im doing.. and i allready have dings and dents.. like i said though ima get a new hood and new right fendor.. which will make it dingless.

After which take that bit of door guards off, sand it down to bare steel, prime it. and prep for paint. put her in the booth, Paint and make sure the water separtaor is working right... 3 - 6 mounths lator put a clearcoat on her :-P

And to top it all off, there is no other color then black when it comes to auto's... or clouths

My plan on the interior now is to go to the junkyard and find seats like mine take them home and completley re do them whille i still have mine in the car... that way ill be in no rush..

Im not sure what type of fabric i want though.. i thought about black denim but... i dont like rug burns on my knees

Comment

Well the paint job itself is fine it was dings that showed up. He obviously didn't block sand it at all.
                              2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Working...
                              X