Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plate Lights

Hey mangs just a little question :-D

One time on a Bronco II i got pulled over, reasson why was i had a bulb Blown out on my License plate ( I hope i spelled that right ) Any ways on my vic i got one light that works and the other well. it dosent seem to be working...

Any ways my question is How do you get accses to it to change them? I cant figure it out.. And is there a LED that will plug right into it?

Ima person who dosent like being pulled over for no reason..

Any ways Thanks guys :_D

Dark
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

im not sure about the older ones but on the 89's there is a plastic cover that un screw's and up under that there is the bulbs and they should just pull out
    YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Ok, ill look for that. I see a plastic cover infornt of where the bulbs are, which are blackend out for the most part.. But i think your talking about from the rear ?
      People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

Welp, i figured it out. :-D from the back of the trunk u turn the little inlits Umm a tad and then they come right out and as Capri Said they just pull out push in. I went ahead and put two new ones in :-D. But there not LED's so they will blow agine.. Ugha. Any ways just thought i would let you guys know/ remind you to check yours ;-D

Dark

Comment

Originally posted by darkknight
          And is there a LED that will plug right into it?
          What kinda qhestion is that??? of course there is!!!! I have some for sale

Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I hate to say pete but that led for the plate light is a little to bright for me

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

too bright???
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP*
                too bright???
                Yep, those particular lights ya wanna keepas dim as possible, just barely legal - no reason for flashing yer plate in every thug's face when going down to the ghetto.

Comment

Then stay out of the ghetto!!!!

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
                  Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Originally posted by trwp72
                    Then stay out of the ghetto!!!!
                    Uhm, guess I could do so, but then again I'm yet to find a strip joint in a nice neighborhood, and some of those girls need a ride home too: I fly in the lot, lock the brakes right in front of the entrance, she jumps in quickly, off we go tires screaming

Comment

Pete mang, you got PM :-D

Why are you worried about ure plate being seen in the getto? :-?

I grew upin gettos )

Only thing i can think of is u dont want it stolen or ure sticker stolen..

Comment

Why are you worried about ure plate being seen in the getto? :-?
                        Not exactly worried, just would prefer to be heard rather than seen, if you know what I mean.

Comment

So ure afraide someone will find out? :-? ^_^ like ure preacher or something?

Comment

lol, besides, what will you be doing driving through the ghetto that would make a thug want to write down your plate number and track you down???
                            sigpic

Comment

So ure afraide someone will find out? :-? ^_^ like ure preacher or something?
                              Don't quite get your question, but read below...

Originally posted by 85crownHPP*
                              lol, besides, what will you be doing driving through the ghetto that would make a thug want to write down your plate number and track you down???
                              Well, for one I have the "no brakes" policy when it comes to places like that, which among other means that if you jump in front of me and try to make me stop you're up for a surprise. Never hit anyone, they're pretty quick to jump away, but if I were them I'd pretty pissed that someone just tried to run me over, even though my intentions were quite illegal to begin with. It's just a privacy thing, with all the fucked-up psychos out there I think I have valid point, wouldn't you agree?

But okay, let's discuss the opposite - what's the advantage of having lights on the plate?

Comment

Working...
                              X