No announcement yet.

Suicide Doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have to get the lambo hinges, or can u just buy the suicide hinges? I don't want no fuckin lambo doors.
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Saturns have 'em stock also...
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

A grand will get you that kit. But you have to be good at fabbing because you have to cut out part of the door jamb to weld in the hinge. None of those are 100 percent bolt on. Plus you would have to shave the rear door handles because it would look retarded with the handle right next to the hinge.
        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

hear i edited you car in paint program to make it look like it has suiside doors, i think it looks cool

Comment

Hell Yes! Have that and the Led's + good sound system :-D Be a rockin little ride lol.
            People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

You ever seen a Panther with Lambo doors? i have. Not only does it look really stupid, but you cannot get out of the car with them, the door just rotates into your way.

Suicide doors on the other hand would be bad ass. The old school way of doing them is to just cut your hinges out and weld them on the other side of the door. On a Panther it might be difficult since you would have to mount the hinge way up high and back i dont think there would be room for two hinges there.
              http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
              http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Yeah, they would be tough to do because of the wheel arch being right there.
                Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

ya but i think it could be done with some thinking and hard work, this makes me want to find a 4 door to tinker around with so i can try suiside doors when are you planning on starting this project?

Comment

Eh.! Bah i just got a email back from them guys. All they said was " All Suicide doors have to be welded on"... Bull crap... Lol. i wanted prices Kit info. Ill be saving for it mang. If nothing else I can get help from my god father... on this one seeing he's the best umm. Body man i know/seen :-/ Sad he dosent do much anymore.
                    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

Those are 180 degree suicides...You don't really need that, do you? They'd be best for cargo loading vehicles. And if the hinges don't have much resistance...Someone could throw them open, and they would bang against the car...I wouldn't want that knowing that not everybody treats other's cars with respect or care.

sigpic
                      - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Yea, like little kids! Grrr Dern little punks... I swear if we buy a car.. Some kid is going to go and just trash the whole demn thing up...

( One of my roomies is a teacher.. Which makes me have to voluinter alot )

Comment

Well you can reinforce the steel door skin by the latch area and then weld a hinge to that? And get a latch for a old hot rod ??? That might work and shave the door handles and use door poppers that might be cool.
                          YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

hey darknight are u still thinking about doing suiside doors??

Comment

yup ;-D along with a ton of other stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X