Painting My Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painting My Box

Well I've decided the ugly flat black bedliner on my '87 has got to go. I'm gonna fix all the dents, finish my half-assed vinyl top removal, and make this car look nice- what I should have done to begin with. My question is what color should I go with? I'm really leaning toward either Dark Toredor Red or some kind of a charcoal gray color. Another thought is to do a twotone of these colors, I think it might look pretty good. Another color I'm considering is the dark blue from late 90's Chevy trucks. Any Ideas, comments, or thoughts?

2004 Crown Vic LX (Sold)
    1994 Lincoln Town Car
    2002 F250 CC 4x4 Diesel

Dark charcoal with tinted windows = teh win!!
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

2-tone
      Nick
      88 Colony Park LS
      G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
      Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

I was gonna paint my Box Dark Toreador red so I'm all for that. A two tone of the two would be Nice though.
        Resident diesel addict

Comment

two-tone done right looks seksi!

charcoal gry is teh win!
          LTD is still here

Comment

how u gonna get the bedliner stuff off?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I'm probably gonna use a stripping wheel attached to a drill, the kind used to remove rust. It seems to be the most effective against this stuff. It's actually not hard at all to remove it. Just time consuming.

2004 Crown Vic LX (Sold)
              1994 Lincoln Town Car
              2002 F250 CC 4x4 Diesel

Comment

People comment on my car's color all the time, but something deep inside wants very badly to paint her black w/ a red pin stripe. DTX painted in little greek letters on each front door along w/ somehow a little head of Emile Farber for the hood, and a pushbar from Galls.com and you would have the DEATHMOBILE.
                Last edited by 91 LTD; 10-13-2006, 04:00 AM.

1991 Crown Victoria LTD, Puff the Magik Dragon

Comment

Alright, it will be two toned, I got the paint code for the DTR, but now I need to find a shade of gray that would look good against it.

2004 Crown Vic LX (Sold)
                  1994 Lincoln Town Car
                  2002 F250 CC 4x4 Diesel

Comment

PPG Black satin with a red anarchy symbol on the doors and roof and police car numbers that say 666 and HELL PD on the trunk with no chrome trim and the headlights blacked out and the taillights smoked out!

BAD ASS
                    YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

haha, I think i found my second color- midnight gray, like on the harley f150s. I think the 2 colors will be perfect together.

2004 Crown Vic LX (Sold)
                      1994 Lincoln Town Car
                      2002 F250 CC 4x4 Diesel

Comment

We need pics of this car.
                        Nick
                        88 Colony Park LS
                        G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                        Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

As it sits, it is a plain flat black bedlined 1987. It aint pretty... yet. I'll post some pics sometime. oh yeah, the interior's goin black- except the seats. I got front velour seats from a GM. They're soooo comfortable.

2004 Crown Vic LX (Sold)
                          1994 Lincoln Town Car
                          2002 F250 CC 4x4 Diesel

Comment

How would the color be on the car...? Grey top of red, or red on top of grey? I Love the color scheme btw and might try on mine, as my car is grey already.....

Kimono_skunk

Can anyone photoshop this?

Comment

It'll be red on the top, well, most of it. The gray will be just at the bottom where the big crease is. I'll completely remove the chrome trim at the bottom.

2004 Crown Vic LX (Sold)
                              1994 Lincoln Town Car
                              2002 F250 CC 4x4 Diesel

Comment

Working...
                              X