Found Under A Ton Of Grease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found Under A Ton Of Grease

Was under the hood for a change, saw something I had never seen.......turns out it is a vapor canister purge valve solenoid.
    Do I need it, how do I know it works?
    Thanks!

If its not giving you problems, assume that it works and leave it alone. If the tank does not hiss vapors, suck air in, or generally smell like gas, its probably fine.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I did cut back the vac hose, because it was split at the point where is pushes onto the nipple of the valve. You know I am thankful most parts have FoMoCo part numbers on then, I can do a web search and find out what things are.
      Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      If its not giving you problems, assume that it works and leave it alone. If the tank does not hiss vapors, suck air in, or generally smell like gas, its probably fine.

Comment

it allows the intake to take stored vapors from the gas tank out of the charcoal canister under the battery (accessible from below). This prevents gas vapors from being vented into the atmosphere and making everything in the car smell like gas.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
        X