89 grand marquis A/C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

89 grand marquis A/C

Most of the time it works as it should cycles on/off and the temp comming out is 48 degrees. it is automatic climate control. then sometimes after it cycles off it will not start again just keeps blowing warm air. it wont start again for approx. 20 minutes. any suggestions? thanks, Gary

sounds like a loose or dirty connection. Unplug and re-connect the compressor itself and the low pressure switch on the side of the drier to see if that sorts it out.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

i did what you said many times yesterday but didnt get to take it for a ride yet. so we will see.

Comment

There is also a relay that will drop out the AC. It should be the one by itself in the black plastic housing in the group over by the washer bottle. Might be worth pulling and re-installing that too. If none of that sorts it, it'll have to be some diagnostic work with a voltmeter or test light to find out what the problem is. Intermittent problems like this are a bastard to chase down though, so hopefully its something simple.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

that AC cut-out relay likes to burn up since it's using the center pin (normally closed) if the contacts get a little iffy. It's in-line to the AC Compressor as well as the low pressure switch.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

dont laugh guys. but i finally put the gauges on and added a little more r-12 and guess what now it runs like it should and it was down to 42 degrees the othe day. thanks for all the info.

Comment

nice.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
              X