cant get fuel pump to prime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant get fuel pump to prime

when i turn key on no fuel pump prime.i jumped the relay and pump came on and stayed on untill i took jump wire off and the fuel pump relay is new and i have spark.what could cause this

The fuel inertia switch? Left rear quarter?
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>06 Mustang Bullet Rims 235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

lack of power to the ECM would do it. The ECM has to power so it can ground the fuel pump relay. Check the fuse links and the ECM relay. The ignition system is not powered from the ECM, so it would still work. Another thing to check is for power at the fuel injectors. If no +12v, the ECM has no power.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

10-4, Battery -> PCM Relay -> Fuel Pump Relay -> inertia switch -> fuel pump.

Alex.

Comment

put another working computer in and everything worked car started and ran?then nothing it shut off and now it wont work im lost with this.

Comment

sounds like something is frying the computers. Not an issue I would wish on anyone. tracing out electrical issues is a PITA.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Verify you have +12v at the injectors. That will confirm the ECM relay is working and passing power. Make sure the ECM ground wire is hooked up at the battery too. If that is good, start checking the pins at the ECM itself. Its possible one of the power feed wires into the ECM is broken and losing connection.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

traced all grounds. pin 60,40 has a splice that was loose which led to ECM ground wire at the battery re soldered the splice and it runs.this was a pain in the ass but now im gonna check all slices for preventive measure
                and make sure all grounds have good contact.

thanks for the advice

Comment

glad it was just a loose ground. That means the other ECM is probably fine.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Cool. Finding broken wires can be a royal PITA.

Comment

Working...
                    X