86 vic Windshield wiper motor help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

86 vic Windshield wiper motor help

hey i need some help removing my wiper motor if anyone has maybe a diagram or something that would be great. this is for a 1986 crown vic ltd
    sigpic1986 crown victoria ltd 5.0
    Mods- True duals with just cats, msd cap/rotor/coil, ford racing 9mm wires,
    CAI, 180 t-stat, poly sway bar bushings/endlinks, HD shocks, cooper cobra 235/60r15, fresh paint

On my 91, you just unplug the 2 connectors, unbolt 3 bolts, pull the wiper motor out a little bit and use a flathead screwdriver to disengage the little clip holding the motor to the wiper linkage.
    Originally posted by gadget73
    There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
    91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
    93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
    Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
    Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
    95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Originally posted by 91waggin View Post
      On my 91, you just unplug the 2 connectors, unbolt 3 bolts, pull the wiper motor out a little bit and use a flathead screwdriver to disengage the little clip holding the motor to the wiper linkage.
      Ok cool thats what i figured. how much force do you use to detach the motor from the linkage? just a slight twist? i dont want to snap it haha
      CAI, 180 t-stat, poly sway bar bushings/endlinks, HD shocks, cooper cobra 235/60r15, fresh paint

Comment

The clip is the tricky part. Its got a tang that locks over the post of the motor. You have to lift that up enough to slide the clip over, then the whole thing will just fall off.

you can't really see it too well in that picture, but the part that folds back on top has a tab that sticks down. Thats the piece you have to lift up so that the clip will slide off. Try to not lose the clip. It likes to go flying, and the replacement motors don't always come with a new one.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Perfect that is exactly what i was looking for. hopefully i dont lose it when it pops off, thanks

Comment

Working...
          X