Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

windows off track & passenger side door won't lock ... ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

windows off track & passenger side door won't lock ... ?

i have a 1991 model.

- driver's window rolls down fine, no issue with that.

- the passenger's window does not respond at all when you try to roll it down but i can hear a motor.

- both of the rear windows roll down & you can hear the motor but it doesn't roll back up & i have to do it manually.

when i try to lock all of the doors, only the left side works (front & rear drivers side doors). though it might not sound as strong (don't know if that makes sense).

- passenger's door, i don't hear anything. no clicking noise or anything. i once tried to do something with a screw driver & that door wouldn't close because it was stuck in the 'lock' position.

- rear passenger side door - i can't hear any clicking or motor. i can't even manually unlock it because it's stuck. it wasn't always like this so i don't know that happened. it never automatically locked but i could always manually lock it.

help would be appreciated thanks

The nylon bushings are shot in the window motors, if you get in there and replace them you will likely find them in a million pieces in side the window motors.
    Some auto parts stores carry them in the help section. Some guys find alternative replacements such as 1/4" nuts or 7/16 ball bearings.

The door lock actuators tend to seize on these cars, replacement is very common for these. Not sounding strong like you said makes sense, I sit and tap my lock button repeatedly to get my doors to lock.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
    X