Headlight switch replacement....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight switch replacement....

Changing out the headlight switch AGAIN.... and the plug... anyone have the schematic for the headlight relay update, to take the load off of the headlight switch? Want to do that this time, to see if it will quit burning up switches and plugs! Thanks in advance...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

there's a wiring diagram down the way on that. The general idea is to ring out the sockets for the headlights and find out what color wire is on it... then follow it up to a location you want to tap it. I did the cheater's way and didn't run new wires to the headlights but just tapped the wires on the driver fender. I ran power from the battery to the relays and set the wires from the headlight switch to the coil side of the relays and the switched side out to the headlights and grounded the other side of the coil on the relays. Worked pretty well for me.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
    X