ATC to Manual Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATC to Manual Conversion

Has anyone changed their ATC to a manual temperature control? Or is it more trouble than it’s worth? I couldn’t find any Stickys on it…

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
    George Burns

I have had boxes with both curently manual and would rather have the ATC. That said I am guessing here but think the box in the interior needs to be changed out. The control panel for shure. Think the engine compartment side of the heater box is ok. Some vacuum line conections might need changes around. Think the valve in the heater hose would need to be removed too.
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Do you wish to do it because the ATC has failed or because you wish a "simplier" system. If it is not the former I wouldn't make the effort.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

if you just want to eliminate the vacuum control of the temp control... you'll need to make a bracket for the cable to attach to the area where the huge vacuum actuator is right now (or snag the bracket off a manual control car) and attach the cable from the ambient air temp sensor under the dash pad down to the blend door where that huge actuator was. Plug the appropriate vacuum lines and be done with it. (I'm contemplating doing this on my Mark)

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I'm guessing the blue thingy is messed up in the dash. All I get is full A/C or full heat (when I plug the canster vac line) no inbetween. My 87 F-150 has a simple manual temp adjuster with a cable running to the blender door. That's all I want the Grand Marquis to do for simplicity. A simple cable to make it work instead of all that compliaction just to adjust the tempature. You know the old adage...keep it simple stupid! But it sounds like changing out the ambient air temp sensor would be the easiest thing to do.

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
          George Burns

Comment

If you are certain the sensor is the issue. Not a cheap part but the replacement is not too bad. Just make sure the cable is adjusted properly on the sensor or the temps will be off.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Working...
            X