84 town car problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

84 town car problems

Hi all, I have a 1984 town car with a 5.0 with c.f.i. I am having a problem with the idle surging when in park. Its nice and smooth in drive.

When ws the last complete tuneup? How are your vacuum lines? How many miles on the motor, and has the timing chain been replaced?
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The last tune up was 6 months ago, the vacuum lines are in pretty good shape, I don't know for sure if they are in the right spot or not. From what I understand the upper half was rebuilt about 2 years ago. No sure of exact mileage. I bought the car from a co-workers father who died on memorial day. The strange thing is when in drive it runs fine. If it would help I will try to post a video of it running.

Comment

Working...
      X