Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lock actuators-- front doors = tailgate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lock actuators-- front doors = tailgate?

Looking at this ebay fellow selling OEM actuators.
    In his photos, the actuators front doors (which I have not had to replace yet and thus have not seen, mind you) are very short ,and look like they could be the same as the tailgate lock actuator?

Just want to make sure that
    a) they are indeed the right ones for the front doors,
    and
    b) maybe I can buy one as a tailgate actuator too? Same part??

thanks!

Oh, here's the listing:

Same motor, just swap the rod. Just do it in a clean area because if you loose the bearings you are fucked.

Comment

...and maybe a 1990 lincoln town car motor will fit in a 1990 grand marquis? (LR motor died, last original left...)

I never know what parts might actually be the same across models.

Comment

Lincoln window motor is different.

Comment

before, I really didn't know how to swap the rod. I have to pry off the crimped end of the motor maybe?

Comment

if it won't work for the tailgate... those ARE still the right ones for the front doors, right?
            I might just get an extra rear door motor, and cut, torch and bend the rod built into it to be the right length. Could still be easier than pulling out hte ball bearings maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by BerniniCaCO3 View Post
              before, I really didn't know how to swap the rod. I have to pry off the crimped end of the motor maybe?
              There's a lock ring that you have to pry off, at the base of the rod, get that off, then remove the disc, the 3 balls will fall out. Swap and put it all back together.

Those look like the actuators for front doors. They changed them somewhere between 87-89.

Comment

Working...
              X