No announcement yet.

'89 tripminder to '85 car installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok. Good. if you have the pigtail, it'll make it so much easier to wire this in.

Comment

there is not pigtale in my car. i disconnect the ECM connector, but didn't know how to count pins on ECM module to find a pin #34
      '85 Colony Park LS

Comment

Might be some more info here: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...adding-ECM-pin)

I attached a pic with the pin order on these ECM's. Just look at the shape of the outline of the plug to orient it the right way.
        Attached Files

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
        1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
        1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

thanks a lot for the pic. i saw your topic a long time before my tripminder install. and maybe you can load other pins description? it's a very interesting info
          '85 Colony Park LS

Comment

i disassemble the ECM connector and see the strange thing - there is a wire on pin #34 but it's not a blue/purple wire. the photo is not good but we can see a connector on pin

or i will turn the ECM connector to 180?
            Last edited by game over; 04-18-2011, 03:09 AM.
            '85 Colony Park LS

Comment

Need to turn the connector 180. Best way to get it oriented correctly is to look at the gray plastic tabs on either side of your fingers in that pic. One is closer to the edge of the plug than the other. In the diagram those tabs are under pin 42 and 60. If there are any other specific diagrams you need let me know, and I'll see if any of my books have them.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
              1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
              1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

thanx for your answer.
                it's looks to be good to see the other pins from your book. it's a very important info to know how it works
                '85 Colony Park LS

Comment

last weekend i've installed this tripminder to my car. works fine. thanks to all
                  '85 Colony Park LS

Comment

That's good to hear! What are you averaging?

Comment

my average is 23-30 liters on 100 km.
                      '85 Colony Park LS

Comment

or 6-8 gallons for 62 miles for those of us who don't use easily converted units.

or about 8-10 mpg.

yeah... that kinda sucks.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

i decide to repair this
                          '85 Colony Park LS

Comment

Working...
                          X