Cruise Control Not Working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise Control Not Working.

since i have had the car the cruise control does not work none of the buttons do anything. What is the most common problem on why they won't work.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

vacuum dump valve under the dash above the brake pedal not being pushed in fully with the brake up will do it. Something being unplugged under the hood will also do it.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Does your horn work? I've had some problems with my cruise control. When it wouldn't work, I'd hit the horn, the horn wouldn't work either, I unplugged the relay and plugged it back in and it worked, I replaced the relay and haven't had a problem since. You have an EVTM, why not use it to do some diagnostics on the cruise control circuits?

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
        Does your horn work? I've had some problems with my cruise control. When it wouldn't work, I'd hit the horn, the horn wouldn't work either, I unplugged the relay and plugged it back in and it worked, I replaced the relay and haven't had a problem since. You have an EVTM, why not use it to do some diagnostics on the cruise control circuits?

horn works fine.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
        -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
        1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

bum cruise module... vacuum hoses around the control solenoid under the hood... the solenoid itself... relays... fuses... loose grounds... clock spring...

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
            bum cruise module... vacuum hoses around the control solenoid under the hood... the solenoid itself... relays... fuses... loose grounds... clock spring...
            There is no clock spring. We got slip ring contacts from '79-'89.

Comment

me = not good with terminology

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Mine dosen't work but I disconnected it from the throttle anyways... That whole 'Dateline' sudden acceleration show made me a little nervous. The episode is on Youtube... quite a few boxes throughout the episode actually

Comment

Working...
                X