Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

short somewhere in the front passenger door...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

short somewhere in the front passenger door...

my vic was involved in a wreck not too long ago and after the shop fixed it i used my car and its been draining my battery like crazy. it went thru my optima yellow top in about 2 weeks and now its dead again. so i was looking at the wiring under the carpet and wanted to see if you guys knew where to get the wiring diagram for an 87 ltd cv. the harness that he installed also does not have the plug for the power side mirror. so what do you guys think. when i go to turn the ignition on, i hear a click from this green box...and then nothing...
    Attached Files

the green box is a relay harness... the black box on it is the relay itself.

as for draining the battery out... check that the alternator is actually charging... all connections between the alt and batt are good... and that the trunk and hood lights actually go out before you close them completely. It could just be a bent bracket holding a mercury switched light on.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

If I had to guess, I'd say that that relay on the passenger side is the window safety relay, which sends power to the window switches when you turn the ignition on.
      Originally posted by gadget73
      There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
      91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
      93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
      Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
      Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
      95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

After the engine is cooled, open the hood and put your hand on the back of the alternator. Is it hot?

Comment

Working...
        X