Morning Wipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning Wipers

In the mornings when I turn on the wipers to remove the dew, they will continue to run for about 3-5 minutes non-stop. I can put it in interval mode, adjust the interval to sooner or later, or turn it off, and the wipers will run until it feels ready to stop. The only thing I can change is the speed of the wipers to fast or slow. I have to wait until wipers stop on its own. After that, they run normally with all functions working just fine. It also happens during the day when the wipers haven’t been ran in awhile. I just notice it more in the mornings because of the dew.

Any ideas where I can start to fix this?:confused:

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
    George Burns

sounds like the stop sensor needs attention in the wiper motor.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Theres a plastic cam and a switch inside the wiper motor gearbox that controls this. Sounds like its sticky or worn out. Usually its not serviceable, the standard fix is to replace the wiper motor. If you don't mind taking it apart and poking around, you may be able to repair it but I don't think the parts are available new anymore.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks for the info! I'll tinker around with it and see what happens. Thanks again!

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
        George Burns

Comment

Working...
        X