No announcement yet.

fuse/load ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mercury switches got here today... probably gonna wire everything tomorrow and just have it ready for the light strips when they get here from the internet.

what do you guys think about one of these switches or a couple of LED light strips lasting under the hood? Think the heat would cook them? At least I know the mercury would be fine
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

depends on where you mount them. near the fenders/nose... they'll probably last a long time... near the firewall... maybe not so much... up the middle... yeah... prolly not long. If you wrap them in some tubing... forever (well... as long as the tubing lasts). LEDs are pretty tough. Not as tough as light bulbs (concerning heat), but at least as tough as the plastic electronics under the hood (think relay housings and such)

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

geez you guys just keep making my jobs list longer and longer! The LEDs in the limo lights sounds like a great idea!
        2002 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4.6L V8, 1988 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 5.0L V8, 1979 Lincoln Mark V 6.6L V8, 1977 Lincoln Continental 7.5L V8, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 5.7L V8

Comment

tends to go that way with brainstorming with other car guys.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
          X