What relays are on my fender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What relays are on my fender?

I have four relays on my inner fender. Three of those four were lumped nicely together enabling me to smoosh them into the 90 and up vacuum/fuse holder box. Then I was left with one. I dont know what any of them are. So what are the four relays that I have and what are the three that are lumped together most likely to be?

I want to know what the fourth relay it just so I know what the hell it is.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Hi 87gtVIC

Next to the EEC relay you have the A/C WOT relay .

Regards

Dereck
    President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Also "The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Comment

Ahh Okay that is awesome! So the one in question (the one I was not sure of) is the horn relay. I guess to test if it is in fact the horn relay I could just remove it and see if the horn does not sound when pressing the horn button. Thank you so much.
      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Just tested it out and it is indeed the horn relay. What a stupid looking relay. Labeled 1 through 5 and all in funky positions.

I will be moving him to my new fuse box for sure.

EDIT: I am just a bit confused. It looks as if the signal (from horn pad) doubles as the + coil wire as well as the source power for the horn. I must admit to standing over the fender for quite some time to figure that out. It seems as if that is the way it operates now that it is all written down. Right?
        ~David~

Comment

upon further inspection it looks as if the relay receives power all of the time and a ground from the slip ring is what actually triggers the horn to sound. The power is supplied full time to the coil and the normally closed position from a fuse within the interior fuse box. Is my thinking correct?
          ~David~

Comment

relay has constant +, pad grounds it to trigger. It also feeds power to the cruise control buttons.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Nice. Know I know what I am working with. I want to move it to the location of my under hood fuse box because it is currently just wedged in between the air box and washer fluid reservoir.
              ~David~

Comment

yeah thats where mine lives. haven't quite figured out where to put it.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                X