washer/coolant bottle upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

washer/coolant bottle upgrade?

What vehicles am I going to find one in? I've been told by some on here since mine's a 90 it'll have the mounting spots for it already? Anyway, yeah, I just don't know what vehicles I'll find them in. Any mid 90s+ cars?
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

You actually have the mounting spot for the air box lol. But like any other car the washer fluid reservoir will just bolt up right to you fender. You can find the washer fluid reservoir in any Grand Marquis or Crown Victoria after 1992 and you can only find the coolant reservoir on a 1990 Town car.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

*facepalm* I couldn't remember which it was, air box or washer coolant tank
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

The coolant bottle is a 1990 Towncar thing. You need the bottle and the fan shroud. Washer bottle is a generic aero thing. Same bottle on any of the round cars as far as I can tell. I don't know if 98+ models are the same though.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

For some reason I thought the upgrade was the same...coolant/washer tank in the same case. thanks.
          Last edited by 1990LTD; 11-16-2009, 06:49 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

They are in the same case until 1992 and up. I looked in the yard the other day when I got the vac. box. The washer bottle looked the same on the 98+. The coolant tank will not work from the 92 on up.
            89 CV LX 225/60 x 16 tires, CC819 rear springs, Front & rear sway bar, trans & PS cooler from 90 cop car. KYB shocks, F-150 on rear. Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe. Dark brown door panels, carpet, steering wheel, trim parts from a 87 Mer GM. Power front buckets from 96 Jeep Cherokee. LED'S front & rear. 3G Alt from a 97 Taurus wagon 3.0. Electric fan. Rear axle from a 97 PI 3.27 with disk brakes. Headlight relays.

Comment

Found the coolant tank AND washer bottle from a 1990 TC. Do I want both of them or only the coolant tank? He's giving me a stupidly good price, so I'll probably take both anyway if shipping doesn't suck..
              sigpic

Comment

The washer bottles in the towncars are a little different, but probably work. I can't think of anyone who has installed one...
                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

From looking at the pictures I have the utmost confidence that the town car washer bottle can be mounted to the fender.
                  ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Waiting to hear back from Brandon on shipping. Hopefully it's not retarded expensive. Upgrades are fun...
                    sigpic

Comment

Can somemang post some Pics..Pleazzz

Comment

Originally posted by chitownvic View Post
                        Can somemang post some Pics..Pleazzz
                        would look similar to this:

~David~

Comment

and these

Last edited by 85crownHPP; 12-15-2009, 07:05 PM.
                          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                          sigpic
                          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Does he need the fan shroud too? Or are they the same?
                            Former panther owner
                            1981 CV 351 4bbl
                            1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Yep, the shroud is a little different to accept the bottle, so you do need it.
                              You might be able to make it work with a stock shroud, but I'd worry about it being flimsy and looking hackish.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X