Right Flasher Not Blinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right Flasher Not Blinking

My right flasher isn't blinking...any idea what's wrong. I changed the bulbs.
    sigpic
    New 87 LTD Crown Vic

Only the right side, eh? That'd rule out the flasher, so it could be either wiring or the switch.

Do the four-ways flash correctly? If so, that should rule out a bad ground.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

The actual signal outside or the indicator light inside?
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

make sure you've checked ALL the lights. there are two in the tail light housing. I thought I'd checked them all, but someone (1987CP?) told me to double check, and sure enough one was dead in the tail housing even though it wasn't obviously out.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

That is true, I'd forgotten about that discussion. :p

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
            Only the right side, eh? That'd rule out the flasher, so it could be either wiring or the switch.

Do the four-ways flash correctly? If so, that should rule out a bad ground.
            wat switch...and the indicator on the inside doesn't blink either
            sigpic
            New 87 LTD Crown Vic

Comment

That would be the multifunction switch on the left side of the steering column that sort of controls the turn signals ....

I readily believe that your indicator isn't blinking, but is it coming on at all? For example, the typical "bulb out" behavior where the indicator comes on steady when you pull the stalk up?

Still waiting for an answer about whether the hazard flashers work ....

Comment

Working...
              X