sequencial turn signials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sequencial turn signials

i was just thinking how in each tail light housing theres three bulbs going across (like in a cougar) not to mention it being a signature mercury thing.

this is in regaurds to the later cougars but i bet it would work on our cars too

1989 Grand Marquis GS

go for it. I cant see how it cannot work, even if some tweaking may be needed.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I love sequential turn signals. Don't the '10 Mustangs have it? I know they make kits to do it to the '05-'09 Mustangs.
      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Yea i believe the 2010's do have them.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

yea think that looks sweet...there has been a couple people on here that has done it, ive been wanting to do that for a while but im too lazy to run the wires and stuff lol.

But i think you should, make a comlete write-up on how to do it...That'd be pretty nice for others to follow

but, i think Dereck has done it, but i dunno
          ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
          ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

i stil have a whole 67 cougar rear wire harness that i was going to put in my maverick. i just need the actual "box" that makes it all work. theres alot of moving parts and such in it
            1989 Grand Marquis GS

Comment

Here ya go.

http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm

The STS-1 Universal Sequential Turn Signal System looks like it should work.

I suck at wiring, but Hell, I may just give this a try on my Merc sometime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by RunUoveR View Post
                i stil have a whole 67 cougar rear wire harness that i was going to put in my maverick. i just need the actual "box" that makes it all work. theres alot of moving parts and such in it
                Urgh moving parts? Is that the old kind that actually used little cams to make the lights flash correctly? Probably would be easier to get something that does it electronically and you don't have to keep the parts maintained all the time before they break.
                There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
                91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
                93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
                Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
                Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
                95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Originally posted by 91waggin View Post
                  Urgh moving parts? Is that the old kind that actually used little cams to make the lights flash correctly? Probably would be easier to get something that does it electronically and you don't have to keep the parts maintained all the time before they break.

there is a plug and play 100% electronic moduel for cougar/shelby restos. the correct unit is about 2x as much iirc. im still looking at over $150 just for that i think

one of those kits looks like the way to go regaurdless for any car
                  Last edited by RunUoveR; 06-10-2009, 07:44 PM.
                  1989 Grand Marquis GS

Comment

Originally posted by Bowman85merc View Post
                    but, i think Dereck has done it, but i dunno
                    Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post
                    Here ya go.

WebElectric Products is the place to find the latest in car parts and electronic devices to help you personalize your automobile.

The STS-1 Universal Sequential Turn Signal System looks like it should work.
                    Hi Guys

Yeah I have done it to my Town Car

The Town Car only has two turn signal bulbs one above the other but I think it looks pretty cool See a short video here (set to chase mode)

DON'T buy the webelectricproducts one in LTDman83's link it is complete shite I bought mine from meter4it.com it is a very well made unit with three different settings and almost idiot proof in its fitting.

Also check out how I did mine Here

NOTE: If you have mechanical flasher relays you WILL need to upgrade them to the electronic type, an upgraded flasher can also be bought from meter4it.com

Regards

Dereck
                    Last edited by Dereck; 06-14-2009, 02:35 PM.
                    President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Also "The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Comment

Working...
                    X