No announcement yet.

Lighted Arm Rests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Body hardware is almost entirely metric. Engine hardware is mostly standard. You really need both socket sets to work on these cars properly.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I wish I could find 2dr lighted wood armrests.
      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Thanks guys!!! I found the small 1/4" drive metric set I had in the basement. I have to use a friend's ratchet because I snapped the mine years ago. Perhaps I'll be able to hear the top fuel cars running at Englishtown when I am at the JY. It's only a couple of towns over from Jamesburg.

Packman

Comment

Partial Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
          werd...make sure you grab the harness from light bulb to connector. (really not long at all) But the connection is just waiting to be used behind the armrest. Should look neato.

I got the bottom portion of the armrests on all four doors. Unfortunately I didn't bring any wire cutters so I couldn't get the harness for the armrest lights. I traced the harness wire all the way back to the main harness for the window and door locks. I guess I gotta cut the wires off of the '89 Merc and splice them into the '86 main harness. I got the bulbs and the plastic connector though. I hope my '86 CV has the wires setup or this was all for not.

But I'm completely stoked about finding the rear sway bar I have been looking for. They had a box Merc sitting with the Dodges and underneath there was the sway bar. They said they would take it off for $50.

Packman

Comment

Most Mercurys had the small handling package bar, its probably not the police size one. Better check to be sure thats actually the part you want.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
              I'll probably take the platic/chrome part where the handle goes through as well; the one in my mom's car is flaking off.

Packman
              You're going to need to take it anyway because that's what the light sits in anyway mang. You can take the whole thing off as one unit. just unscrew the screws on the bottom, and it should come off as one thing.

Comment

Yeah I did that. I replaced all of the armrests. I switched the chrome plastic insert for the rear doors because the two on my mom's CV are in better condition than the JY pieces. I did manage to find the light harness connected to the steel frame on both doors. Unfortunately the bulb connectors on the '86 CV are different from the '89 MGM I scavenged them from. I will have to find the same year MGM or CV and take the bulbs and connectors from whatever vehicle, but at least the armrests look better than what I had. I also stripped out an Auto Lamp relay from a box TC with no doors. I'll eventually get to doing that. I think I might just take a door off of the smashed up box Panthers to mess around with. I need to figure out a way to fix the damaged panel trim on my '86 CV.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  Most Mercurys had the small handling package bar, its probably not the police size one. Better check to be sure thats actually the part you want.

It's gotta be better than none at all. It will serve as a temporary stop gap until I get the time to go to PA.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                    I need to figure out a way to fix the damaged panel trim on my '86 CV.

Packman
                    what exactly is damaged?
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                      what exactly is damaged?

A couple of the door panels are loose because the kid's father (the one who owned the car B4 us) ripped out the panel w/o removing the fasteners. The panels became warped due to not being fastened to the door and because of the moisture getting to the carboard backing. I ordered some fasteners from Associated Parts for Monday, so I'll pluck out the old fasteners and install the new ones. Hopefully this will temporarily stick the panels back on the door until I figure out how to make custom door panels.

Packman

Comment

AH i see. Same here lol. Must be a common problem.
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                        X