climate control is killing me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

climate control is killing me

a couple weeks ago i was waiting for the girlfriend at a gas station cause she takes for ever! anyway it was a warm day and since i have tinted windows i didnt want to roll the windows down. i dont know why i am like that. so i flicked on the a/c. air came out of the vents but it was just like hit the vent button. hhhmmmmm. i turn it off then on again a few times and still no a/c. so i turn the car off then start it back up. then it works. i just go huh and we head out. then a couple nights ago i wanted some heat. so i put it on floor like always and continue. i noticed my feet not getting warmer. hhmmmmmm. so i jack up the temp. nothing. i put it on vent. a little heat trickles out but the blower motor does nothing. that is currently what is going on. everything seems to work except the blower motor. i checked all the fuses an they all seem fine. i searched on here but i couldnt find the same thing. mostly i found stuff for the boxes. i was just going to find a new climate control on ebay unless you guys think i should take it to my mechanic. i dont want to rip my dash apart. i have worked on lots of my cars but they were from the 80's. the only thing i have done on newer cars were stereo systems and stuff.
    Lets Go Pens!

do you have electronic temp control jesse? if so it might be your control head my dad's was acting up it would only blow out the defrost vents. turns out it was the control head I got it for 400.00 with my discount

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

yea but 400 bucks! as long as im moving air comes out where ever i have it set on. just now blower motor. i can deal for a while if it costs that much i might just have it checked out. couldnt hurt. ill update it when i do in case there are more issues like this i guess.
      Lets Go Pens!

Comment

yeah I would say check the blower motor first can't hurt to check

Comment

now that would be awesome if it was just a simple blower motor issue and not a control issue.
          Lets Go Pens!

Comment

It's really easy to reach the blower motor. check if it's getting voltage at the connector. if it's it is getting voltage it's either the resister or the motor it's self

Comment

Rolls the windows down.
              1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
              2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
              sigpic

Comment

Only experience I have with a newer car doing this turned out to be bad solder joints on the blower motor controller. Its an electronical doodad that takes the place of the blower resistor. I pulled it out and re-soldered the connections on it and it fixed the problem. The controller is on the firewall, sort of next to the heater core hoses. Its kind of a pain to get at.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

i went to wayne's to test it and the tester was gone! grrrrr. it was warm on the way back so i did have the windows down. my exhaust noise in town led to me busting out a digital camera. it sounds awesome! i should post a clip. anyway on the way back it was chilly so i set it on vent at 90f! it worked perfect since the blower motor doesnt work.
                  Lets Go Pens!

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                    Only experience I have with a newer car doing this turned out to be bad solder joints on the blower motor controller. Its an electronical doodad that takes the place of the blower resistor. I pulled it out and re-soldered the connections on it and it fixed the problem. The controller is on the firewall, sort of next to the heater core hoses. Its kind of a pain to get at.
                    i was there......regis was in panic mode
                    this is mostlikee your problem mang

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

im going to have to investigate this. i will start by getting a chilton/haynes manual!
                      Lets Go Pens!

Comment

update! i didnt get a manual but we did put a test light to the plug right at the blower motor. light came one! got a new blower motor but no go! so no im goin for the resistor or control thing on the firewall. i will let you brothers and sisters know what i find next. i wish it was a little cooler thats for sure!
                        Lets Go Pens!

Comment

ok so i went out and just freakin tapped on the resistor. BOOM! she roars to life. at least now i know whats up and i can take that other blower motor back. im keepin the stick in my car too just in case. its way to hot to get to now. thanks to everyone and sorry i wasted a thread on this
                          Lets Go Pens!

Comment

i always love it when things get fixed by hitting them lol
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                            X