Electric Fan Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric Fan Upgrade

Yeah, I know, another friggin question thread. So I am going to go for it and install the electric fan that I got for my '53 some time ago, but never got around to doing (because I never got around to doing the truck lol). Anyways, I got a relay kit from Painless Wiring and I'm wondering where you guys/gals with e-fans in their boxes screw in the sensor? I think it was mentioned that there is an unused port near the rear of the 5.0L engines that can be tapped. If I remember correctly, it was said that this wasn't the best spot for a temp sensor (for a guage or sumtin). Is this the only alternative or is there some other way of doing this?

Packman

If its a screw-in engine coolant sensor, I dont see why you wouldn't want to use that empty coolant plug on the lower intake.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
      If its a screw-in engine coolant sensor, I dont see why you wouldn't want to use that empty coolant plug on the lower intake.
      Pete, i dont believe i have a empty coolant plug. I looked pretty damn good too. Can you direct me where one may be? I wanted to use both the idiot sensor and gauge but i did not find a extra hole.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

So I guess I'll just boot the idiot sensor and use the port for the fan relay.

Packman

Comment

You have to take off the upper intake to get to it... but its there. Its where my ECT sensor for the 85 is - I put it there so I wouldnt have to rig a 'T' in my heater core pipe fitting.
          There's a coolant 'hole' in each corner of the intake. If you want to delete your EGR cooler plumbing, you can use the one behind the TB, where the cooler hose goes.
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

The ones in the back work, they just don't get great coolant flow. If the probe is deep enough, you might be fine. I'd probably want a real temperature guage to go with an e-fan just to make sure the temperature is set right and you're not getting too much swing.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

You could always drill and tap another position in the front crossover of the intake. MMetal is thin you wont want to pipe tap it quite as deep because the fitting might screw in too deep. Some thred sealer and your good to go.
              Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Working...
              X