A/C fan stopped working...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/C fan stopped working...

just happened today... fired up the Air and.... nothing.

on norm A/C I can get a little air from vent but fan dont blow.

Checked the fuse and its still good.

WTF?
    2000 Grand Marquis LS: Back in the Panther Life Again.

The blower motor you mean?

Comment

check the connections, and see if you're getting power to the blower motor. Aeros are a little different with the climate controls. I think they have some sort of blower controller module that the solder cooks loose on. Usually re-soldering the board fixes it.

This is a must-see site for fans of American luxury hot rods. Message forums, tech advice, news, and automotive performance links are offered for Lincoln Mark VIII and Mark VII, Lincoln LS, Town Car, Continental, Navigator, Aviator, Zephyr, MKR, MKS, MKZ and more.

I'm not 100% certain when this went into effect, but I'm pretty sure it was when they replaced the slide lever controls.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yes blower motor... lets get freekin technical.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          check the connections, and see if you're getting power to the blower motor. Aeros are a little different with the climate controls. I think they have some sort of blower controller module that the solder cooks loose on. Usually re-soldering the board fixes it.

This is a must-see site for fans of American luxury hot rods. Message forums, tech advice, news, and automotive performance links are offered for Lincoln Mark VIII and Mark VII, Lincoln LS, Town Car, Continental, Navigator, Aviator, Zephyr, MKR, MKS, MKZ and more.

I'm not 100% certain when this went into effect, but I'm pretty sure it was when they replaced the slide lever controls.

thanks for the info... try it tomorrow.

could it be in the console... i.e. My climate switch?

think 94 used the same as the box style... with the sliding switches.

Comment

pic:
            Last edited by 1madpnthr; 06-13-2008, 11:13 PM. Reason: Pic didnt work the first time.

Comment

slider switches, ok probably doesnt have the controller module then. that could be a bad fan switch, a bad fuse, or a bad connection somewhere between the two.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yeah no controller module.

and it magically started working today when i was driving...

short...? and if so wheredo I start looking for it?

Comment

loose connection would be my bet. check the connectors at the blower motor and the blower resistor. resistor is under the heater core behind the valve cover. It'll be the plug on the firewall with 4 or 5 wires on it.

Comment

Working...
                  X