What the &#@$!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the &#@$!

I got new 4bbl intake and carb on today, but now I think I have an electrical issue. I was just driving my LTD about two months ago, and everything was fine. But now, I don't know what is going on.

It was doing some shit about two days ago, where you would have the hood open, you would see that light on. All of the sudden you would open the door or do anything electrical it would shut off all power. Now I can't even get any power to the car at all, I have tried two batteries, one that I know for a fact has a good charge. Wtf help plz.

Originally posted by saiyaneye View Post

I got new 4bbl intake and carb on today, but now I think I have an electrical issue. I was just driving my LTD about two months ago, and everything was fine. But now, I don't know what is going on.

It was doing some shit about two days ago, where you would have the hood open, you would see that light on. All of the sudden you would open the door or do anything electrical it would shut off all power. Now I can't even get any power to the car at all, I have tried two batteries, one that I know for a fact has a good charge. Wtf help plz.
    Are your connections clean and tight? My car would do that when the battery connections were dirty or loose. Try cleaning the teminals and cables and tighten them up and see if it helps.

Comment

wiggle every wire connection you see,we couldn't get brothers 68 mustang to start, a couple hours later we found out it was a wire shorting out going through the firewall.

Fuses? you said it happened more than once and fuses go once, so i geuss not.
      Last edited by ÆJackacks; 05-18-2008, 09:35 PM.
      Ont And Canada PPL The Cookhouse in Dwight

91 Grand Marq . . . . . . 88 ho wagon (project) . . . . . . 80' Lincoln Mark VI

Comment

It was the ground wire, I really don't know why but I took it off and cleaned off the area where it goes with a wire brush and it turned over then. It wasn't even that dirty, I checked it and it looked cool before. Anyway I got my LTD running today for the first time in a long time.
        Now it's time to :headbang:

Comment

told ya so.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X